picks of my engine bay

Yeah it is a bit "ghetto" as it were, the finished job should be good,

What's it drive like now?

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_kzapxyCJNp1qankvno1_500.jpg

Sounds ok there Claymore, were you happy with how the car performed on the run? so what's required to be done now before you turn the boost up? ;)
The first run was with the maf disconnected, next stage is getting the unichip installed and mapped. I'll be handing that task over to my mate at Mike Evans Motorsport.

I upped the boost today (bloodey hell it feels strong) and spent the day putting pipes back on...lol, I must have jacked the car up about 10 times today..lol
so I'v took off all my alloy joiners and will weld beads on them all tomorrow, I knew I'd have to do that anyway but I wanted to wait until I had all the pipe runs sorted.

I upped the boost today (bloodey hell it feels strong) and spent the day putting pipes back on...lol, I must have jacked the car up about 10 times today..lol
so I'v took off all my alloy joiners and will weld beads on them all tomorrow, I knew I'd have to do that anyway but I wanted to wait until I had all the pipe runs sorted.

Aah now that makes sense! I was going to ask you why the pipes were coming away under power! had some smooth pipes fitted on my car a few years ago that done exactly the same thing :embarrest: I'm wiser now though :)

Upped the boost on the turbo only I guess?

Does the beading just involve just welding a line of "crap" near the opening of each end of the pipe and then you clamp the silicon pipes the other side of that? I ask because I have access to stainless pipe but not the means to put the said beads on them, but if you can just put some weld on and that will do the same job then I can do that NP, I have a MIG and TIG welder (and the person to do it :) )

Upped the boost on the turbo only I guess?

Does the beading just involve just welding a line of "crap" near the opening of each end of the pipe and then you clamp the silicon pipes the other side of that? I ask because I have access to stainless pipe but not the means to put the said beads on them, but if you can just put some weld on and that will do the same job then I can do that NP, I have a MIG and TIG welder (and the person to do it :) )
Yep, that's all you need to do.

All the pipes are staying on now, so it's ready to go for it's mot on tuesday (it's going to fail on a wishbone and a split drive shaft gaiter, but I can't get the hub nut undone, so they'r going to crack it open for me at the mot, then I'll change the wishbone and do the gaiter and take it back)
have some picks:
2011-02-13110832.jpg

2011-02-13110822.jpg

2011-02-13110814.jpg

the back slot in the bonnet will be to let hot air out.
2011-02-13110749.jpg

The scoop is partitiond the front draws cold air onto the tmic, the back half lets out hot air (I may have to make a bigger hole in the back)
2011-02-13110919.jpg

2011-02-13110928.jpg

Is that wise? I thought that seal was there to protect the occupants from fumes/hot oil spewing from the engine. :eek:

Now with 12 months MOT

Congrats on the MOT :)

Looking at your strut brace claymore, is this still ok taking into account all of the bends? does the car still feel stiffer and or display less torque steer?

I know you don't have too many options considering the size of the intercooler and its position. If the strut brace still does what it says on the tin, then this has given me a few ideas for the Beast! ;)

Last edited:
Congrats on the MOT :)

Looking at your strut brace claymore, is this still ok taking into account all of the bends? does the car stiil feel stiffer and or display less torque steer?

I know you don't have too many options considering the size of the intercooler and its position. If the strut brace still does what it says on the tin, then this has given me a few ideas for the Beast! ;)
As you can see, its not far off the standard one, I just had to tweak it a bit, and yes she's nice and stiff again.
SG202051.jpg

But I just didn't like the look, so:
Bonnet design mk2
2011-03-26133832.jpg

2011-03-26133840.jpg

2011-03-26142151.jpg

2011-03-26142200.jpg

2011-03-26164308.jpg

Started to make the front extensions for the scoop/bulge
2011-03-27115949.jpg

2011-03-27120000.jpg

And cut out the front intake.
2011-03-27150624.jpg

2011-03-27150633.jpg

Also fitted a rubber seal around the IC
2011-03-27150559.jpg

And fiberglassed a duct for the air to go straight onto the IC, and hot air to escape the engine bay.
2011-03-27150605.jpg

It's on the rollers next sunday (17th) but it still hasn't been mapped yet, so it's still running rich, I'v been using it with the charger dissconected for the past few weeks, but now that I'v got another runabout, reconnected the SC again, also fitted my catch tank today.
2011-04-09120636.jpg

It's not loss of boost, it's too much, the ecu can't handle it. once the dastek is mapped it should be around 320 to 340bhp.