picks of my engine bay

davalav

From
Essex, England
Car
Mini Cooper S R56
Been a while since I have been logged onto the forum...

Colin, WOW! This is so epic!

I am a little curious on road laws regarding twin engine cars? Do they need a special form of MOT or as long as its taxed and MOT'd, its usable on the road?

claymore

The Torque Meister
From
Shrewsbury
Car
T-10k,
Been a while since I have been logged onto the forum...

Colin, WOW! This is so epic!

I am a little curious on road laws regarding twin engine cars? Do they need a special form of MOT or as long as its taxed and MOT'd, its usable on the road?
MOT isn't an issue, emissions just taken on one engine, but it will probably just be a trailer queen now :).

Very nice Colin, but, I worry that you are exposed to fumes from the rear engine, are you going to put up some sort of barrier between you and the rear engine?
I hope this alleviates your fears mate :)

jarrus

Pro Tuner
From
West Midlands, UK
Car
Suzuki Swift Sport
you mad old bugger, lol
but why make it a trailer queen? I mean you might say its unusable on the road but you could still drive to events at normal speeds though.... well... sort of...

claymore

The Torque Meister
From
Shrewsbury
Car
T-10k,
you mad old bugger, lol
but why make it a trailer queen? I mean you might say its unusable on the road but you could still drive to events at normal speeds though.... well... sort of...
The car will need a BIVA test at I think £600 assuming it passed, there are a lot of hoops to jump through, the biggest will be that the car has to have all e marked glass, and as I've got poly carbonate for the rear sides and rear hatch, that's a no no.

claymore

The Torque Meister
From
Shrewsbury
Car
T-10k,
Too be honest with you, it makes more sense to trailer, it means I don't need to pay for tax and can just get track day insurance instead of a full years insurance for the few days a year it will be used.

jarrus

Pro Tuner
From
West Midlands, UK
Car
Suzuki Swift Sport
true, but it means you're very limited to where you can take it, I mean you couldn't just go for a drive on a weekend at the drop of a hat, you'd have to plan your trips to track days or to drag strips, personally I don't like the idea of that, but hey ho, I guess in your case it does make more sence

claymore

The Torque Meister
From
Shrewsbury
Car
T-10k,
true, but it means you're very limited to where you can take it, I mean you couldn't just go for a drive on a weekend at the drop of a hat, you'd have to plan your trips to track days or to drag strips, personally I don't like the idea of that, but hey ho, I guess in your case it does make more sence
I still have the T-5R for a bit of A road fun

T9 man

TC Pro Founder
From
London, UK
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Ruddy wonderful stuff Colin, NASA might be following this thread now so watch out for any infringements on your designs :)

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
It's a project that captures the imagination! Your hard work has really paid off. There are many who dream but few who get up and chase the dream.

old-git

From
Essex
Car
Elan & Robin Hood
Good job. Make sure that you keep the edges where the ducts
meet the bonnet as sharp as possible as this is what creates the vortexes.

T9 man

TC Pro Founder
From
London, UK
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
My dad had one Rad back in the day, it was the family runabout. All black and I think it was a 1300cc with white rubber bumper capping. Not a bad little thing if memory serves me correctly.

TCJBOLDIE

Torque King
From
Brisbane
Car
JB Starion
My dad had one Rad back in the day, it was the family runabout. All black and I think it was a 1300cc with white rubber bumper capping. Not a bad little thing if memory serves me correctly.
Nothing wrong with your memory|B as they were 1300cc and had a transverse leaf sprung rear suspension that could be dangerous when pushed hard into corners as the inside rear wheel tended to tuck into what could be an alarming positive camber angle that would have rapidly increased the heart rate of any driver who dared to test the handling and grip limits IIRC

They also morphed into the Spitfire sports car with the same motor and then came out with a 2000cc 6 cylinder which I think called a GT6.

The rear suspension was fitted with a single leaf spring that went under the diff to reduce the rear wheels tucking in. Don't know if it was a factory or aftermarket fix.