picks of my engine bay

Looking good Colin, BUT! do you think it will be completed in time for this years Swedish Day in May?
I have myself all geared up to check out the competition - and you are without doubt the most frightening of all the cars that will be there ;)

Sorry mate, I will be giving it a miss this year, deadline is the RetroRides Gathering on the 30th of August at Shelsley Walsh.

Good heavens, I had no idea that so much work would be involved in this project. I am glad you know what your doing Colin, I am already lost just looking at those last photos :embarrest:

You are to be applauded sir for your efforts to date :)

Still moving along slowly: getting sick of making panels and welding :(
But not far off welding the cage in now (another week or so)

And the manifold nearly finished:

Excellent work

This always was going to be an awful lot of work but Im sure you knew that .
It always appears like nothing much is happening at the beginning but the success of the project will depend on the work that you cant see at the end

Last edited:
I am wondering how the small adittion will affect the handling .

Im also interested to see how the changes affects the useable performance. Power isnt everything (cant beleive I just typed that) . I will add - if you cant use it (feel better now :D )
The problem or to be more exact the possible problem , may be getting it to work as one car with lots of power rather than two engines doing their own thing.
Still if it can be done Im sure the right man is doing it.

Here here Mr Sleeper......

I dare say the handling wont be as good, but then again a Volvo 850 estate isnt a handling kind of car but with 2 engines and 4wd, I expect it to be quick down the strip

Yep, it's mainly for the quarter mile, I don't expect it to go around corners too well, but I always have the option to loose the front engine and just have it mid engined.

Here here Mr Sleeper......

I dare say the handling wont be as good, but then again a Volvo 850 estate isnt a handling kind of car but with 2 engines and 4wd, I expect it to be quick down the strip

While it may have the aerodynamics of a house brick I would have thought it might have ended up with close to a 50/50 weight distribution ratio and would be pretty good on the twisty bits and not only on the 1 slow left hand corner at the strip :confused::bigsmile:

Yep, it's mainly for the quarter mile, I don't expect it to go around corners too well, but I always have the option to loose the front engine and just have it mid engined.

In that case I feel much better about the project - Any idea of the kind of power or times you are aiming for.

Maybe we should petition for a class for silly large awd estates (with the aerodynamics of a house brick )

In that case I feel much better about the project - Any idea of the kind of power or times you are aiming for.

Maybe we should petition for a class for silly large awd estates (with the aerodynamics of a house brick )

Power should be around 750-800bhp to start with, and I'd like to get into the low 12s out of the box.

Just in case you were wondering, I'm still plodding on, all the welding on the top is finished, so the subframe is back off and I'm finishing off underneath at the moment.

And now onto some more CAD work (Cardboard Aided Design)

Thank goodness for this, where have you been Colin? :blink:

While one of the best current projects on the forum had stalled, I had to occupy my time by giving her indoors some money to go out clothes and shoes shopping - you owe me £740 by the way buddy :D as it's you, I'll take a cheque :lol:

Glad to see it is all still on track, marvellous stuff :bigsmile:

Looks marvellous Colin, are you going to wrap it or spray it with that Zircotec paint or none of the above?

Seeing as OG is playing with his shifter, I thought I'd better make a start on mine,
So, I cut the back off one casting, cut the front off another and stick them together:

Excellent, I suppose the 2015 Swedish Day organisers should just reserve a trophy for you, I'll send them an email and let them know what's coming ;)

Curious about the designer sunroof Colin :blink:

Are you going to fashion some sort of scoop over the top of it to channel the air directly into the intercooler? ;)