picks of my engine bay

Out of curiosity Colin, what type of carbon fiber are you going to use?
I have heard of a type that does not need to go in one of those vacuum bag things to attain a decent finish.

I'm using 200gm twill weave, and 100gm kevlar, but as it will be painted, the look of the carbon isn't important to me, I just want strength and a little less weight.

Marvellous stuff Colin, the old girl sounds glorious! :bigsmile:

What was that clanging noise I heard about 53 seconds into the video? Was it something loose on the floor or something more sinister :blink:

Marvellous stuff Colin, the old girl sounds glorious! :bigsmile:

What was that clanging noise I heard about 53 seconds into the video? Was it something loose on the floor or something more sinister :blink:

Lol, I believe it was a wd40 tin trying to make a dash for freedom.

Just an update to let you all know what will be happening over winter, the car has been on the rollers last month and managed 423bhp, still a lot of mapping to do, but as of the end of November there will be a big hole cut in the back floorpan the shape of a 5 cylinder Volvo engine ;)

Nice...have you got a.picture of the graph?
When we met at santa pod you mentioned goi g 4wd but not like this!!! Cant wait to see the outcome of it...but bad news now is that you,ll have no where to sleep or put your bbq....

as of the end of November there will be a big hole cut in the back floorpan the shape of a 5 cylinder Volvo engine ;)

What!!!!! Hold the phone and call me Betty!! :amazed:

Twin engined now Colin? :amazed::amazed:

Your my hero! Do not leave any details off on this one, I am following this with great interest :)

I have just waded thru all of the pages and am stunned/gobsmacked/amazed at the persistence and skills that Claymore has developed in carrying out the continual improvements to what some would think has the aerodynamics of a house brick to make it into an absolute weapon.
We will be over there next year and would love to see the beast in action .

Forgot to say he likes to have a red hot go when he gets behind the steering wheel as I recon the beast would take a fair bit of skill to get the best out of it.

Last edited:
So the question is, how is he going to do it?
Ive seen a twin engine build in a 205 before and the guy cut the complete front end out of the 205, (inner wings and strut ops with the lower subframe) and cut the boot floor out and welded it all in, was a good idea the only problem was is that it didnt all fit in quite right...i mean he did a good job but the dimensions didnt allow it to fit in like it was done from the factory ill see if i can find the pictures out...

I take it your just keeping the engine and drivetrain and selling on the rest Colin. So what kind of time scales are we talking here?

No, I just decided it was the easiest way to get more power :)

Well you are certainly on track for that :bigsmile:
There was an open wheel hill climb car with twin VW motors and the front had an auto box and the rear a manual and it held the Aussie hill climb record,so was wondering if you were heading that way with your build ??.

Excellent news, I know a garage guy in Saab land who has just taken delivery of the system from Hel so that he can make up his own custom braided lines, I shall await the reviews of the first guinea pig before I put in an order to him :wink:

Congratulations Colin, that's quite a coo getting Hel on-board.

Wicked you got another sponsor clay,
Really cant wait to see the finished product...

I have a question...
Whats the legalities for a twin engine conversion? Obviously it is road legal in the UK else you wouldnt be doing it but would you require an SVA test? (Or whatever its called) and what do you do about the V5?
Just curious... :)

You can't drive with both engines running on the road, and yes it will have to go in for a BIVA test as I have cut into the monocoque.

Looking good Colin, BUT! do you think it will be completed in time for this years Swedish Day in May?
I have myself all geared up to check out the competition - and you are without doubt the most frightening of all the cars that will be there ;)