picks of my engine bay

i reckon its a twin plenum design, balances the flow across the cylinders just as well, also clay has his throttle on the supercharger so i guess he had it like because it makes piping it all up easier.....

Am I on the right lines young Colin?

yes it would seem that way....
i need to learn to tig weld then i can make masterpieces like clay.....

we need another tc meet, so i can gaze over clay and oz's cars again.....

Great work once again Clay! Would love to see this in person!

Another TC meet would be good, I am up for it!

I would definitely be up for another TC Meet up Brett - it's getting warmer now so no excuses for anyone not to polish up their pride & joy and pop along and say hello! :D

Last edited:
Another update,
Decided on a nicer (in my opinion) design of carbon dip.
From this.

To this.

Also thought it was time to ditch the tatty Subaru top mount intercooler,
So, enter Greddy MR2 Intercooler.
cut off the inlet and outlet pipes.

Made some new covers and welded on.

Today I'll cut out some new inlet and outlet holes and weld new pipes on.

Another problem is the brakes, the new calipers need a 20mm spacer on the hubs, which in turn pushes the wheels outside the arches, so, enter one set of Peugeot 309 wheel arches:

Slight modification:

And the hard part :(

Well Colin, after seeing your handywork of the carbon dip on Sunday at close hand, all I can say is WOW! I wish I had your talent for such things :sad2:

Could not believe how much the effect actually cost you to produce :amazed:

Well done that man and keep up the good work :)

I think your thread has gotten to such a point, where the reader no longer needs to see what you've done, but merely read it and know its going to be fecking awesome. :) Great work again mate!

Ahh man now I have to wait till I get home before I can see it, no youtube at work today. So sofar all good then?

The car now has one of these:

So to celebrate, I made a couple of covers to hide the spaghetti of wires:

Looks awesome mate! Glad it passed the MOT! Any adviseries at all? Also... Near the inlet manifold, whats that gauge thing?

Looks awesome mate! Glad it passed the MOT! Any adviseries at all? Also... Near the inlet manifold, whats that gauge thing?
Passed with no advisories, but it's only done 800 miles since the last MOT.

The gauge is fuel pressure.

A couple of pics from the weekend:

Passed with no advisories, but it's only done 800 miles since the last MOT.

The gauge is fuel pressure.

A couple of pics from the weekend:

Thanks!

Car looks great! What planes are they? Used to go to Duxford alot when I was younger, so have a bit of an interest.

You did well for no advisories....
I thought I had none on my last MOT for the 205 but I got one saying 'no rear seats' seriously....why?

nope
...took all that out.....
but when i took my 306 where everything isnt standard then all i get for advisories are....
rear brake discs are a bit corroded and the hand brake is just passable but that got sorted a week.later..... wierd....

anyways clay....
about cutting back the arches....what exactly.did you do? just get the grinder on them? what did you do abouy rust proofing them?

nope
...took all that out.....
but when i took my 306 where everything isnt standard then all i get for advisories are....
rear brake discs are a bit corroded and the hand brake is just passable but that got sorted a week.later..... wierd....

anyways clay....
about cutting back the arches....what exactly.did you do? just get the grinder on them? what did you do abouy rust proofing them?

How very wierd. My 306 passed the MOT with no seats and only had the hand break as an advisory!

Are you prepping up for some carbon fiber bonnet scoops Colin?
It's a bit hard to visualize, but the old bonnet will form the structure for a new carbon fiber one, I will skin the bonnet with C/F then reduce the weight more by cutting more out of the old bonnet. (well I know what I mean :p)

It's a bit hard to visualize, but the old bonnet will form the structure for a new carbon fiber one, I will skin the bonnet with C/F then reduce the weight more by cutting more out of the old bonnet. (well I know what I mean :p)

I understand you perfectly young man, this will be quite something once you have finished that bonnet ;)