PH 15 mod

skunk2

Car
honda civic 1.5T
Hi everyone.i'm just a newbie here.i have a ph15 head with a d15 block.my engine was turbocharge.i'm running my engine on a mechanical upgrade only.i change my fuel pump to a walbro 255 and i have a sard adjustable fuel reg and my ecu is a stock P2C.and i'm also running at 6psi.my question is,should i replace my stock ecu to a programmable one?i had a friend who told me that i could not have an access to the full potential power of my engine if my ecu was still stock.what do you think should i do.thanks in advance for your help.

your friend is correct

at the moment, your stock ECU is holding you back - you could try and see if your stock ECU is remappable 1st - if not then a piggyback ECU or upgradable one will have to be bought - look into remapping the original one 1st as this will be cheaper ;)

Thanks for the reply sir.do you think i could cause a damage with my internals if i'm gonna run my engine with the mechanical upgrade for now?they said that i should put my fuel in a rich condition to avoid detonation.currently i'm running at 47psi at idle.

If you are running 47psi (3.3 bar) at tick over, you have a bit of a problem. My scooby on full boost only kicks out 16psi (1.2 bar). The ECU will be holding you back but more so the engine will be holding you back. If you are running a low pressure turbo then most of the time you dont need to uprated the internals as you wont be running huge numbers. But if you want to run it like a normal turbo, you will need to lower the compression ration of the pistons and change the rods for stronger ones or else parts of the engine will try and leave the premises when boosting.

Out of interet, is your car fitted with one of those bolt on turbo kits from ebay?

Thanks for the reply Bad63r.i'm currently using a garret turbo which came from my friend.i just want to clarify that the 47psi i said is on the fuel regulator gauge.currently i'm running at 6psi of boost.at full throttle the fuel pressure on my fuel reg gauge goes up to 57psi.is there any harm that i would make to my engine if i continue with this set up.what should be the best fuel pressure if i'm running a 6psi of boost.i did replace my orig pump to a wallbro 255 already.thanks in advance

Is PO6 ecu suitable for my engine coz a friend of mine have a spare 1 unit on his locker.also planning to change my stock injectors.i'm gonna be buying 1000cc fuel injector clinic.correct me if i'm wrong.my idea in buying this big injector is the potential modification i would do in the future with the internals of my engine so that there would be one time investment on the injectors.my question is,can i run my engine if i change my ecu to PO6 and my injectors to 1000cc.
thanks in advance

i doubt very much you would need 1000cc injectors, youd be best finding the ones most suited to your aim

if you change the injectors to that size without changing the ecu the durations would be the same so youd be pumping in a hell of a more fuel and running very very rich

Thanks for your reply Pgarner.my car is scheduled tomorrow for the installation of the po6 ecu together with the injectors.i'l keep you posted on the result.wish me luck.

thank you very much
MABUHAY!!to all torquecars member

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back