peugeot partner - advice please!

leightondad

The EMS light (a yellow engine) is occasionally lighting up. This is followed by a loss of power to the extent that all gears feel like first gear, but if you attempt to drive up an incline the car will stall. If you turn the engine completely off, then on again the car will run normally after a few moments. The EMS light goes off eventually. I have contacted a dealer but they want hundereds to look at it! The car is a late 04.

The problem is a real nusance. The owners manual gives no advice other than "take it to a dealer". Before I do that I am attempting to seek an idea as to the problem so as to not be ripped off!!
:confused:

sorry but if the engine management come on you need to check it out

im lucky in the fact that vw have the use of vagcom which shows up any issues

newer engine have a problem that as soon as the engine managment notices something wrong it goes into a limp mode, the engine goes to a very basic state and loss of power is to preseve the engine

you will need to get it to a garage to have the engine checked out

Loss of power + EMS light on, sounds like it could be your EGR valves gone. Best to take it to the dealer tho sorry and have them run a diagnostic.

Threads never die though TN! They are always useful, I think you'd be surprised to see how many people read and search for our very old threads:D