Peugeot 406 piston problem

Ares

Car
Peugeot 406 2.0T
HI folks.
just wanted to hear some opinions.
peugeot 406 2.0 turbo was produced from 96-98,the petrol 2.0 turbo version,just for 2 years because it had a problems with pistons,melt or brake.
i have that car :p and i wanted to remap my ECU.
now,i dont know if the pistons would survive ECU remmapping,beacuse it adds on current 150hp some 38-40hp.
i think i already know the answer but im asking anyway.
have in mind that i know little about cars :lol: dont hate me haha.
any suggestions are welcome.

If it is regularly serviced and you don't spend all your time in the power band it should be ok.

If you are worried then get an oil cooler, add some water wetter to the coolant and perhaps suppliment the water pump with a electric water pump.

For everyday use you should be fine. If you are really worried then getting the pistons changed to forged ones will help.

You must ensure that the cooling system is totally up to standard before remapping. Consider fitting an oil/water heat exchanger from a 2.2 HDi as well.

Oil to water heat exchanger? Whats that when it's about?

Also the best way to cool pistons would be water/methanol injection. A kit isn't that expensive and it will also allow you to get a more aggressive map due to the lower intake temps and cooler combustion chamber.

Basically. They're a common aftermarket fitment for people towing heavy trailers.

Little oil jets in the bottom of the crankcase are used to cool the pistons from the underside.

Basically. They're a common aftermarket fitment for people towing heavy trailers.

Little oil jets in the bottom of the crankcase are used to cool the pistons from the underside.

I get ya, I've never heard it called that before though, my old XUD has them (exclusive to the turbo engine) it's a good idea but too much trouble when water methanol injection can be fitted which is much easier