Peugeot 405 heater matrix

Richard405

Car
peugeot405td estate
A couple of days ago I noticed the radiator coolant light on on the dash board further investigation showed the level was low. The radiator was replaced a couple of years ago and the front passanger carpet was very wet. I suspect the heater matrix is at fault?
I am asking advice on wether to use something like radweld to repair the leak and if so how reliable is the repair or is it temporary? and would you trust it for say driving on holiday?
Looking at the haynes manual it looks like the dash board will have to come out and that is a little to complicated for me are there any other alternatives?

Thanks for any help on this matter
Richard

A couple of days ago I noticed the radiator coolant light on on the dash board further investigation showed the level was low. The radiator was replaced a couple of years ago and the front passanger carpet was very wet. I suspect the heater matrix is at fault?
I am asking advice on wether to use something like radweld to repair the leak and if so how reliable is the repair or is it temporary? and would you trust it for say driving on holiday?
Looking at the haynes manual it looks like the dash board will have to come out and that is a little to complicated for me are there any other alternatives?

Thanks for any help on this matter
Richard

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:(

This could be very bad news so bite the bullet! The 1.9 litre 405D estate stop-gap car that I now own had exactly the same problem and there is still a plastic cup tied into the passenger foot-well area that used to catch the drips! The root of the problem was the HEAD GASKET. The coolant was pressurising right up and causing the heater to leak. Once the head gasket was renewed the drips from the heater ceased. Very odd - but it is French! This car built in 1991 has covered about 170,000 miles and still runs well.

Good luck!

Many thanks for the reply Davey but i was told to use a bottle of K seal in the radiator as this would seal the leak in the heater matrix and yet still allow the heater to work, it appears to have solved the problem as the radiator level has not been touched since.
Best Regards Richard