peugeot 307 lowering

S

sutzy

brought a 307 and changed the standard 15'' for some 17'' alloys now the arch is too hight,
anyone have any recommendations on how low i should lower it as i have a kirb to clear to get on to my drive?

Some kind of adjustable system...don't know what though. I'm sure one of the other guys can tell you

Welcome to TorqueCars as well!

Ride height should be the same as standard, as should rolling diameter. You probably need to fit lower profile tyres to achieve this. What was the original fitment on the 15" rims?

like HDI says
if youve fitted low profiles with a 40% side wall ( eg xxx/40/17 ) then you may find that they are pretty similar

best not to lower it at all if your going to be driving over kerbs that are 5" high

You should get away with a 30mm drop. You could get the arches pulled and flared out which might help a bit. Adjustable height shocks are the way to go really - you need to set it up on the car and to suit your driving style/area.

The drop is only half the story though, a stiffer spring tends to have less travel so this also needs to be taken into account.