Peugeot 206 suspension

Aaron113

Torque Junkie
Car
Can anyone recommend a good suspension kit for a 206? Currently the car behaves like a boat and i would like to change that.

I own a 06' 206 1.6 HDI (110hp).

The diesel engines are really heavy so you don't have the option of using a set from the sporty petrols.

I'd recommend a set of coilovers for best handling and don't go too low or too stiff or you'll ruin the ride. Bilstein are my favourite maker, but the FK ones work quite well and are pretty cheap if you want a budget option.

Avoid any suspension kits that claim to work on all the engines but don't offer any height adjustments, these are generic kits and on a diesel you'll have the front sitting 20mm lower in the worst cases. A proper kit takes into account the engines weight or allows you to adjust the ride height so all corners are matched, better kits allow you to adjust the damping as well. So a 1.1 1.4 1.6 2.0GTI and all diesel model suspension kit is to be avoided unless it offers some customisable settings.

Thank you for your reply, i'm eager to get a bilstein as its also my favourite brand and they seem to know what they are doing, the other manufacturers i saw so far have at best a sketchy build quality products and i just want something good and safe.

The car is really front-heavy so i was thinking of replacing the coilovers in front for adjustable ones (don't want to scrape the ground by no means) but problems begin with the torsion bar in the back, how do i find the proper aftermarket parts for it?

It would mean a lot to me if there was someone who could share their experience on the same car or at least help me out with the torsion part as they are something out of the ordinary for me.

Basically, is there someone who can tell me what kind of suspension upgrade they did, what parts they've used and the car height they got going... potholes are in trend where i live lol

Lot's of potholes down here. I have not got much experience with these other than playing with the lift off oversteer (which can be fun when done in a totally safe environment with suitable safety safeguards in place and totally not on a public road.)

Older cars benefit from replacement bushings, the old ones practically dissolve and offer very little support to the suspension mounts which will tend to flop around. Avoid poly/plastic bushings, they won't last long on this car IMO.

It seems like a rather simple process to replace the front coilovers and a slightly more complicated process to tinker with the rear torsion thingy. Aside from the bushings, do i have to pay attention to anything else thats of greater importance or is it just install, adjust a bit and enjoy?