peugeot 206 noise....need help!

Car
peugeot 206 1.6lt
hello, i am from Mexico and I have a 2005 1.6lt 206. For the past few months i ve been having a reccurring noise when i am at mid to high revs and then i let go of the throttle.i have noticed also a bit more when the roads are wet, but sometimes also when its dry.Its only presents at the moment i let go of the throtle and then vanishes. The noise goes on and off sometimes sikipping a week or two, depending on driving conditions also. I have taken my car to the dealer but they dont seem to know anything and good advice over here is very hard to find. Could someone give me some hints as to what it might be? thanks a lot..Pedro

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars. The sort of noise is quite important? Grinding, ticking, squeeking, rubbing, dragging etc... Is it from the engine, gearbox or the wheels? Does it do it when the car is in neutral at the same revs?

hey,
like whats been said we need more info on the sound.
at a guess and going by you saying it happens morein the wet id say fan belt might be slipping - a large squealling sound ?
but could be engine, gearbox, wheel bearings etc

Thanks for replying, the sound is of medium loudness, it sound like a sudden deep humming when i let go of the accelerator, it sounds like when your are clearing your throat but a bit more contineous and then it stops, it lasts only a second or two and it appears only when you are revving down from, say 5 to 6 thousand rpm. i cant say if its mechanical or air related, i am not an expert but to me sound kind of in between..thanks guys.

Could be a loose engine mount or even vibration on the dashboard.

Does it do it if you gently ease off the throttle?

the noise begins immediately after i begin to stop holding still of the throtle when i am above 4500 rpm in 3rd or 4th, i think it doesnt matter if i let go quickly or smoothly. since i am not a particularly fast driver (mexico city is a city of permanent traffic jams) it may take a couple of weeks for it to happen again. The car seems okay in every aspect (braking, engine, suspension,etc) but sure enough every once in a while this noise comes back. its a bit strange.

hello, i just went to a mechanic a friend from work recomended and went to a nearby highway to listen to the noise and we were able to listen to it a couple of times and find out there is something loose in the rear suspension as you can feel it vibrating in the hand break when the noise is produced, he says they should be able to fix the problem with just labor but since they are opening up the rear i am probably going to put in new brakes pads...thanks a lot