Peugeot 205 TD Brake upgrade options?

pugtdsm

Car
peugeot 205 XUDTE
Hi i own a 205 stdt..have upgraded the engine think be good idea to upgrade the brakes!

I believe the stdt has the same brakes/ suspension as the 1.6 GTI , so im guessing the bigger 1.9 GTI brakes wud be a straight forward fit on to the 1.6 hubs and discs ?

Is this correct?

Also what other brake upgades cud be easyily fitted ?

Ive herd hdi and gti6 brakes fit the 1.9 hub and base model hubs but this seems like a bit of a mish as new hubs wud meens new drive shafts wuldnt it ?

What are the other easier option ANYBODY ???

All input appreciated

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Hi mate, I have a 205 1.8 TD also...
I've just put some GTI6 brakes on it and they are a direct fit... but you will need longer flexy brake lines, braided lines might be worth a look at this point also....
mind you mine is a mardi gras 1.8 dt,

wheel size is also a consideration,
if you are running a 13" wheel then 306 1.9 TD brakes are probably the best that wil fit...
14" wheels then anything up to a 306 hdi/xsi brakes will fit
and 15's you can use the 306 gti6 brakes with longer brakes lines, and you may want to consider changing over to a bigger master cylinder, ones off a 406 are a common swap but others can be used off other pugs, just make sure it has 4 outlets instead of 2 like some of the later pugs have