peugeot 2.0hdi siemens injector

boostnturbos

Torque Junkie
Car
BMW 318ci SE
my peugeot 406 is running rough and the mechanic says its the injector. its a siemens system so parts arn't as easy to come by. the price of a new injector is clean through the roof, £450!!! the cars only worth a grand! my question is, is it possible to get one reconditioned or do i chance a second hand unit, not fussed on the sh one.

That's a good question! I had my injectors (Petrol) overhauled and flow tested and the car was much improved for it. It cost me about £22 plus VAT per injector and was treated to new seals and uprated internal springs. Can not say for sure if this can be done with diesel ones, but someone will be along in a little while who will know! Good luck.

Ouch. The problem is that if one injector is failing then the other three are likely to follow pretty quickly. It's worth considering a chemical treatment firstly. In some instances these have worked very well indeed and the £20 it'll cost is a tiny fraction of the price of a set of injectors or even the price of a full injector overhaul.

Have a look for BK244, it's pricey but has been used to superb effect in some cases.

iv tryed the injector cleaner, worked great for a day or two but back to normal straight after. now that you say that the rest will go, a second one has started ticking and another one is sounding like a compressor. its letting presure by so a seal kit might be in order.

i realy want to stay with the pug but this might be the nail in the coffin!!!

if so what do i go for, bora passat, 406 again or has anybody got news on the volvo s60 d5?

Hard to answer this one. For evey person that's had a bad experience with a car there are many who have had good experiencies. Common rail diesel motors are, in my opinion, very fussy about fuel quality.

What additive did you try?

i cant honestly remember but i do recall saying to myself, well if this does noting, nothing will. common rail is fussy but for very good reason. its a superier system mpg wise but for being robust is scores low.

my options are,
a)new injector/s at whatever expence,
b)second hand injectors, cheaper but not gona live as long,
c)second hand engine with low miles, a risk to say the least,
d)change the car alotgether.....

Common rail is fine provided you avoid supermarket fuel rigorously and make sure that the fuel filters are replaced at the correct intervals.

BG244 is the additive I suggest you try. I can assure you that not all additives are the same. If it solves the problem at twenty quid then it's a bargain. If it doesn't then it's only twenty quid gone.

i must give it another go, just as you say its only 25 euro down. whats the 2.2hdi like?

It was a great car to be fair. I bought it when it was 3 yrs old. The engine was a peach,so very different to the 2.0 HDi units, which themselves are very sweet in their own right. It was very revvy for a derv uinit, red line at 5500 and pull well right up to that point. With it's 16 valve configuration and twin balancer shafts it was a silky smooth quiet drive. You'd never know it was a diesel to be honest in terms of smoothness, never mind a four cylinder one.

I had it remapped in April 2006. Results were stunning. Even smoother throughout the rev range. Massive torque (circa 320lbft). Resulting in massive midrange shove for overtaking. 30-50 mph was covered in about 2.5 seconds. That's quick by any standards. 50-70 was about three seconds and that was in fourth gear.

Trust me, you'll love your Renault with the mods you're proposing to carry out.

Sadly my car was written off in 2009. June 24th. Third party drove across me at an offset cross roads on a de-restricted road and I ploughed into the engine bay of that car. Happily, I walked away, testimony to how far car safety has progressed since the I first started driving.

whats up with the renualt be if you dont mind me asking?

i cant get insured in a coupe 406, which would be ideal but the saloon would do me fine. i hear the 110bhp 2.0's and the 2.2's have problems with flywheels and i dare say wit 192bhp the clutch will get hot from time to time.
the 2.2 saloons are very hard to come by but would one be worth considering?

whats up with the renualt be if you dont mind me asking?

i cant get insured in a coupe 406, which would be ideal but the saloon would do me fine. i hear the 110bhp 2.0's and the 2.2's have problems with flywheels and i dare say wit 192bhp the clutch will get hot from time to time.
the 2.2 saloons are very hard to come by but would one be worth considering?

They're well worth buying if you can find one. It was never a popular model in the UK - estates and coupes are slightly more common. Most people bought diesel for economy only in that era - they were not interested in performance at all.

I did have the dual mass flywheel replaced at about 120,000 miles along with the clutch. In my opinion that wasn't bad for a swift car which had been remapped at 55,000 miles.

Driving style is the bigger influence upon component wear and lifetime. If you don't use all the torque from a standstill then things are good. There was so much midrange that mine would spin the front wheels in the dry in third gear if you turned off the traction control and drove it like your backside was on fire.

The 2.2 HDi was so radically different to the 2.0 HDi in driving terms that it beggars belief.

your making me want one now man!!! all just have to scoot over to england for the right car. bound to be someone willing to part with their beloveed 406. in such times they probly shouldnt. evrybody bums about vag's bm's audi's, id rather the simple pug, all the way.

shes a bit smokey under load all the time, shes been remapped. no more smokey than normal. had a visit to the main garage. they say that no.4 injector is bad, running 20% off at start up and 22% off at tick over. anything after that ie, all the way through the revs shes prefect.

new injector - £250
timing kit - £120
window switch - £150
new scub sensor - £200 plus labour???

is a car with 160K on the clock worth it or do i bite the bullet and hold out for the 2.2hdi version?

shes a bit smokey under load all the time, shes been remapped. no more smokey than normal. had a visit to the main garage. they say that no.4 injector is bad, running 20% off at start up and 22% off at tick over. anything after that ie, all the way through the revs shes prefect.

new injector - £250
timing kit - £120
window switch - £150
new scub sensor - £200 plus labour???

is a car with 160K on the clock worth it or do i bite the bullet and hold out for the 2.2hdi version?

you can get a whole reconditioned set for that, dont waste your money on a brand new one when the rest will then be sub standard.... recon is the way forward