Peugeot 106 Questions

Peugeot 106 questions Archive

By Pugmodz on Monday, April 11, 2005 - 11:08 am: Edit

Wassi - If its the one with two holes on either side, simply insert two narrow
screwdrivers (electricians use then for component repair)and point inwards to disengage the clips then pull the unit
forward by holding it through the tape deck.
If the radio doesn't have the two small holes you'll need to get the
special tools from Peugeot to release the catches on each side of the
radio.

By Wassi on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 05:52 pm: Edit

hi, anyone tell me how to remove the standard fit peugeot radio in my 106?
been trying to pull it out whilst pushing the tabs to both sides, but won't budge!
also anyone have a pdf workshop manual that i could download for this diesel bucket?

By pugman on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 10:37 am: Edit

Hi Richard - window tinting depends a lot on the kit you buy. Try putting cling film on the window without bubbles forming - nearly impossible then try some firmer film - like the stuff they put on tv screens to protect them and it's a bit easier. Preparation is the key - take your time - clean the windows thoroughly with a lint free cloth (felt is good) then put your film on as per the makers instructions. Generally speaking the more you spend the easier it will be to fit. It doesn't cost a lot more to get them professionally tinted so I would certainly look at this no hassle/risk route.

By richard holder on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 04:17 pm: Edit

hi i hav a pug 106 and i am lookin 2 tint the side windows how hard is this 2 do myself. thx

By Stavros (193.113.57.167) on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 12:25 pm: Edit

Hi all, I have a Peugeot 106 XL (1996 model, 1.1lt 8v engine, petrol). The engine is misfiring and it feels very weak (no torque at all!), especially on cold days the problem seems to become worse! Any ideas how to fix the problem?

By jimbob (62.64.202.138) on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 - 12:03 pm: Edit

How much can i lower my 106 on 16's?

How much arch work would be involved for 80mm????

By Anonymous on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 08:34 am: Edit

Enter your 106 related questions in this area.

By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:06 am: Edit

Tip: get noz

Question: wat r the best mods for the 106 1.1 carb engine

By Anonymous on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 07:52 pm: Edit

Hi can someone tell me if a 206 xsi cylinder head will fit a 106 gti, and if not why.

By Anonymous on Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 01:07 pm: Edit

Hi ive already added a uprated induction and exhaust and ive been wondering about injection boosters but ive been told the engine doesn't run as well with this installed is this true?

By Anonymous on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 09:07 am: Edit

Cant really comment on injection boosters as you've not mentioned your car model. An FSE boost valve if set up properly on a rolling road and at a modest 0.5 to 2 bar boost should be fine - you dont want the lamda sensor getting a rich fuel sense and cutting of the fuel. Cams would make a big difference or NOs or a Turbo but te cost really starts to climb.

By Pugmodz on Monday, April 11, 2005 - 11:13 am: Edit

Wassi - Short of a rechip or ECU remap there is not a great deal that can be done on a small diesel engine. You are probably not even getting the factory performance from your diesel especially if it's done 30,000 miles or more - try adding STP Diesel Injector Cleaner or STP Diesel Treatment to your fuel - check the plugs and Leads are in good condition as well. If the mileage is even higher than this then getting the head cleaned, skimmed and cylinders checked for good compression may be woth doing but will cost serious money.

By wassi on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 06:17 pm: Edit

what can be done with the 1.5 diesel engine to make it a bit perkier?
still needs to keep the economy though

By nick wilson on Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 05:16 pm: Edit

can i fit a five speed gearbox in my 1.0 litre pug 106 and is it easy to do

By sdk on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 12:38 pm: Edit

I am a girl, know nothing about cars, just got 306 1.9lxd 2001. what can I do to it 2 make it go faster

By micheal adamson on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 10:04 pm: Edit

for john check the engine earth they can break or a loose conection that may cause your problem

By micheal adamson on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 10:01 pm: Edit

for jason milam the pu gearbo diffs wont withstand 17 inch wheels and get alot of punishment from that you should fit a lower size wheel that will stop your problems fit up to 16 inch wheels

By jason milam on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 09:23 am: Edit

hi im jason i own a 106 m reg.my car keeps distroying differenchals in the gearbox i am on my 2nd one already and this one is on its way out.can anyone help? is there another box from another car prohaps? or stronger diff many thanks jason milam....

By John on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 10:03 am: Edit

I have a peugeot 106 xn year 1997. The only problem that i find in this car is that while im changing few gears for example from 4 to 3 or from 3 to 2 the car turns off and i have to start the engine again by entering the gear. What can i do to solve this small problem?

Hi all, just to introduce myself, i have a 106 1.4i Aztec Si, hardto get parts for but look nice!? Hopefully will be doing a new clutch considering a fast road, will post if i do that!

hi, my 106 is mark 2,

i have 3 stud wheels. which i hate the look of.

is changing to 4 stud as easy as changing the rear drums to 4 stud and changing the front disc? will it fir directly?

cheers