petrol or diesel!

frizz16

Wrench Pro
Car
vw polo mk4 1.4 8v
The time has come for me to get a new car. but im not to sure what i want. a petrol or diesel. what im going to be using my new car for is just everyday use. no mods to it. im keeping my old car for that. i know diesel is more expensive petrol but you do get more miles out of diesel. but over all which one is more cheaper to run? and can anyone recomend a car that has got a high MPG because i dont have a clue what i want. and it needs to be RELIABLE!!!! :amuse:

Last edited:
i run diesel's cars for years.. but changed it to a small petrol car as soon as diesel price went up.. im now better off with a small 1.3 petrol than a 19 t diesel..

i run diesel's cars for years.. but changed it to a small petrol car as soon as diesel price went up.. im now better off with a small 1.3 petrol than a 19 t diesel..

what about if i got a none turbo smaller engine diesel? im not looking for power as i said. just a reliable little run around.

the peugot 307 hdi id supposed to be the best diesal for mpg, but if your keeping your old car for modds and speed and that sort of stuff, id get a 1.1 petrol car,

service kits are very cheap, it will run on the smell of petrol, and the tax isnt bad either
new disels mostly come with turbo so, the 1.1 petrol would be best for you mate, (in my eyes)

i think vw are about the only ones that still do a nasp diesel, 1.9 giving 68 bhp.
what kind of journeys do you do ? lot of town driving would point more to a small petrol where as aot of A|B road and motorway driving a diesel would be better due to the extra torque available.

try looking at the renault clio dci, cheap insurance £35 a year road tax and not a bad wee car in general