Personalised plates.

J0K3R

Tuner
Car
2.3 Prelude
How would I go about getting a plate that reads J0K3R? I've tried through DVLA but they only offer the option to use existing plate setups, like XX00 XXX and X000 XXX. The setup I'm looking for would be X0X0X with the O and E being zero and three. Any ideas? I'm just brainstorming at the moment. Might have to settle for something funny with the DVLA reg if I can't sort this out. =[

youll find that it has to be in the proper format otherwise its a £30 fine everytime you get stopped.
you could always just get joker made up for a show plate if you take it anywhere. and use a normal spaced plate for day to day driving

That's cheap, my missus has been hinting on a private plate for her jeep. So I surfed abit the other evening and found the perfect one K4THY and I nearly choked on my coffee.......................£42,500!:confused:

I said the only way you'll get that is if I leave you and you sell the house!

She looked at me funny like :blink:

You could try going backwards so joker reads in the rear view mirror so you'd need R3KOL possibly? My fav' backwards one is 1T 3VOM :amuse:

You could try going backwards so joker reads in the rear view mirror so you'd need R3KOL possibly? My fav' backwards one is 1T 3VOM :amuse:

1T 3VOM = MOV3 T1. Maybe you meant T1 3VOM :)

Last edited:
i have a friend that always had personal plates, and all his plates we're like the model of the cars he did drive, like the lates one, alfa romeo 155, and his plate is GV-155-BR

Yep! can't say me words right OG! :lol::lol::lol:

I know the problem :)

Mind you, I spent quite a few minutes composing a reply saying that the plate you saw must have been illegal or you had read it incorrectly before I realised it was a simple typo. Luckily I noticed before I posted :)

i found a really nice plate but it had an 02 in it so i cant put it on a car older than 02 how rubbish is that?

It is one of the better rules. Stops people passing old cars off as newer.

You could always buy an 09 and put it on that :)

Has this always been the way? I swear my mum's old boss, whose company was called John Brady Associates, had a merc with JBA1 as the plate. Thought you could have whatever? =[

nope the plate must match or be older than the car its going on . in the case of JBA1 the prefix is J which is 1990-91. the newer plate designs xx00 xxx it its the number that is the prefix

nope the plate must match or be older than the car its going on . in the case of JBA1 the prefix is J which is 1990-91. the newer plate designs xx00 xxx it its the number that is the prefix

Not quite. JBA1 is a pre-letter prefixed plate, pre 1963.

I kind of lost interest when I saw CG 1 in the flesh on a car local to me (it's a bummer not having a middle initial!). CHR 1 S isn't exactly a cheap option either. A friend found a 6-digit plate with her boyfriend's initials followed by 666. Since the car is a Merc V-12 coupe, something that bears 'the mark of the beast' is quite appropriate, dontcha think?