Performance

Car
Hyundai i40 1.7
Hi I've just joined the chat and wondering if someone could tell me what type of exhaust gives you the best sound without touching the DPF filter???

If it has a DPF i assume its a diesel and unless its a v6 or bigger there is very little you can do noise-wise.

My previous diesel 4x4 had the rear muffler removed and it didn't sound any louder to me as the turbo and DPF all help lower the sound level .

This is how it would sound if you mod your exhaust to max with all cut things and filters, its not exactly pops and bangs but... if you like it, im not judging.

Well, those are extreme cases, just wanted to show the real sound of a diesel, no filter mode basically and tuned to the max. There is no sound to work on is what i wanted to say, vastly different from a petrol engine. It's a "maybe" even for bigger engines sometimes.

If it has a DPF i assume its a diesel and unless its a v6 or bigger there is very little you can do noise-wise.
Thanks for all your replies. Do you think if I got two back boxes shortened and a pipe straight off them to the centre would help?? Maybe have small pipes going into my outlet pipes. What do you think

Thanks for all your replies. Do you think if I got two back boxes shortened and a pipe straight off them to the centre would help?? Maybe have small pipes going into my outlet pipes. What do you think
Please share more info about the engine/car, guessing without any info i would do you a disservice saying anything specific :D

I honestly don't think that there is any gain in doing such exhaust mods, you dont get any cool sounds from a small engine like that, especially diesel, nor do you get any performance increases as the filters are still present and obstruct the flow somewhat.

I think you are at the maximum a person can do for relatively little money, going beyond that is just asking for trouble in terms of functionality and/or legality on the road.

Ignoring all that i've said, sure, you can cut things right past the last flow sensor placement if you want to and weld anything you think would bring you the most fun.