performance upgrades toyota yaris

huzaifah

Car
toyota yaris 1.3+
Hey guys, I have a toyota yaris 1.3 2010 model, I wana make it faster, but I want to know if doing performance upgrades, (turbo, exhaust system etc.) is cheaper or more expensive tha just putting another engine, and also, what's the biggest engine I can put in it, and also what extra things will I need to add on if I replace the engine?

Howdo.

We have a 1.33 Yaris too, 2009. Nice little car it is. We havent done anything to it beyond a cold air feed to the front grille as the standard opening is just straight in the engine bay.

There is a 1.8 version of our model which would be a direct swap but it's very rare. It's only 130bhp too so you'd want to perhaps swap AND then upgrade that engine. I don't know wether the 2.0 engine from the Avensis would fit.

There is a Yaris that is tracked over here that has a 4AGE 20 valve motor fitted and it goes like stink.

Yes that's one of the engines I found here in SA but we only have the 4AGZE motor which is a 1.6 super charged engine, the same ingine that was in the MR2

Yes that's one of the engines I found here in SA but we only have the 4AGZE motor which is a 1.6 super charged engine, the same ingine that was in the MR2

That would be even better and the internals should be strong enough if you want to increase the boost .:)

There are LSD transmissions available to bolt up to them as well|B

Bah. Why do we never get decent versions of japanese cars in the uk? Jdm spec always seems to be better. Im sure the is350 would have sold well here for instance.