pay day!

el gee

Car
Fiesta Zetec 1.4
Pay day is coming round in a week or so and I'll have a little bit of spare dosh so I want to do a bit to my fiesta. It's nothing special, really, just a 1.4 mk6. I've already got viper stripes, painted brake calipers, some new floor mats, a new gear knob and some alloys on the way. So I've not really done much to it. Anyone got ideas for what to do next? I don't want anything that's too complicated for now or anything that's really expensive. Reckon I should go for styling or performance? I'm not too keen on performance parts simply because I don't want to have to tell my insurance company and get my insurance put up sky high!

Title amended for you! No worries.

It sounds like you are after visual mods then, but you should still notify even visuall mods to your insurers;)

What about a debadged grill? You could also remove the badges from the rear for a smoother look.

not so sure, I love fords especially fiestas so I like showing the badges off! haha. I suppose it would look a bit cooler without them though. I'm trying to track down a decent dash styling kit.. mine has scratches all over the place and is generally a bit shoddy. I was thinking of getting a spoiler too, nothing too expensive just something quite modest. Problem with that is trying to get paint to match my car, I think Ford only made my colour for about 6 months. Only ever seen 52 reg Fiestas with it (its a darkish grey colour, not quite sure what its actually called)

El Gee,

First off kudos on the fez. For the interior why don't you try having it flocked of you have the cash? There's a few companies out there that do it and it's a very nice effect. You're looking about £250 for that all-in.

Secondly, do not get a spolier. With an engine that size it will cause drag and make the car slower. That's really not something you want in a 1.4.

I realise this has been a few months so I hope it's all going well. Try get some pictures up for us all to see. :D

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back