MartyMcFly

Car
Passat TDI 1.9
Hi everyone, I am really new to modifying cars and I love the "hellaflush" looks on cars with cambered wheels. I've a Passat 1.9 TDI that I'm looking to get cambered, where do I start/what do I need for it?

Thanks, one love (8})

Marty I would council you not to go too far with Negative camber on a road car as the tyres will wear on the insides not only reducing the lifespan but will reduce the footprint and extend braking distances.:eek:

By 'hellaflush" I am guessing that you are quite young and want to be "cool" but hopefully you will grow out of this in time ;)

When cornering the front end negative camber allows the heavily loaded outside tyre to sit more square/upright to the tarmac for maximum grip as the lightly loaded inner tyre is barely touching the surface or not at all.

If the car has struts then camber plates will allow adjustment.

Last edited:
I too would stress extreme caution with just how far you go with the camber. I have negative camber on my car which helps greatly with the handling on the track, yes it eats tyres but I can afford that. But in no way is my current geometry set up a dangerous one 'My mother never raised no fool' but before you decide on how far to go you should look on You Tube, there are some clips on there showing what happens if you hit water or ice while braking....scary stuff my friend.

Thanks for the replies.

Ok I have to admit the hellaflush camber looks a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't go that far with them, but would a slight degree change (just for the look) really cause that much damage to the tyres?

(8})

Any change to the factory camber settings usually affects tyre longevity.
Marty, T9 is one of the wisest old heads that inhabit this forum and he gives good advice to everyone prepared to listen and take it on board.