Painting Car Seats

jonski

Wrench Pro
Car
1.25 Mk 4 Fiesta
All the interior car sprays ive found say not suitable for painting car seats and as i cant afford new seats and seat covers look dog i was wondering if theres any way/paint out there to do it?

It's really not a good idea mate. If you are looking for cheap ways to make the interior look better, how about colour coding some parts on the dash?

You could visit a local fabric shop and get some leather or fur and make your own seat covers. Most mums are keen to help out with their sewing skills;)

Another option is to get a new interior from a breakers yard - this can work out quite cheap and you can end up with a set of sporty seats.

cheers ive already shopped around the breakers yards cheapest quote i found for replacing the seats was £170 which is a bit too steep. Didnt think about creating my own, was never very good at textiles lol, wouldnt have a clue where to start but is definatly an option cheers

Keep it simple and you should be fine. Stretchy fabrics can be a little more forgiving. And fur is a great way to hide the sewing (leopard skin might not be quite the look you are after though!)

£170 for some seats for a fiesta i would not pay that got leather ones for my trans am for £100 and they are like new and ones for the volvo are on ebay for about £80+

i am with waynne make your own covers easy to do just watch ish at west coast customs he makes it look so easy and could go for leopard print lol

I painted some leather seats i had and they came out really good, they were Black and i painted them light grey using a product similar to Vinylkote, the prep work will make or break it, it takes ages getting them really really clean, the paint is supposed to change the pigment rather than just lay on top, not sure how true this is, but i also did the door panels in my Regal from dark blue to Grey and they're holding up ok too ?

BEFORE:
interiororiginaldoor.JPG

AFTER:
doorpanel.gif

kool cheers unityjon thats more like what i was thinking as the whole car is a faded blue/grey from the old bloke who owned it before so it could do with a respray so i thought i may aswel change it to black as the silver speakers will look better in black doors. Just the paint i have for the door panels wasnt suitable for seats apparently so was wondering if there was one that was

I painted some leather seats i had and they came out really good, they were Black and i painted them light grey using a product similar to Vinylkote, the prep work will make or break it, it takes ages getting them really really clean, the paint is supposed to change the pigment rather than just lay on top, not sure how true this is, but i also did the door panels in my Regal from dark blue to Grey and they're holding up ok too ?

BEFORE:
interiororiginaldoor.JPG

AFTER:
doorpanel.gif

that looks great what apint did you use i need to do the same on my trans am

Nice job and definately an improvement.

The problem with seats is the wear they recieve and the fact that body heat can cause the paint to stick to clothes!