Painting alloys black

jon121

Tuner
Car
corsa c 12v
anyone know how easy/hard it is to paint silver alloys to black? and how permenant it is? ie. likley to scratch off or fade easily? i assume there is a special kind of paint to use and if so how much would it cost? i would really love some black alloys but cant afford any new ones thanks.

These were originally standard mitsubishi alloys, in silver. They are on our painter's car. The black is either 2K paint or water based, not sure but it was painted over an etch primer. The rims were polished.

DSC00075.jpg

yeh that looks like a pretty decent job. anyone know where i can get hold of some primer/2k paint like that? cheers

etch primer can be got easily enough but 2k is slightly harder as most paints now have to be water based rather than cellulose due to the toxins as far as im aware

have you thought about power coating ? slightly more expensive but the finish is normally harder and longer lasting

etch primer can be got easily enough but 2k is slightly harder as most paints now have to be water based rather than cellulose due to the toxins as far as im aware

have you thought about power coating ? slightly more expensive but the finish is normally harder and longer lasting

Plenty of 2k paint on offer on eBay, for example:

item number 350290529765

How much would the power coating cost do you know?