Torque Cars

paint spraying...Flies

Discussion in 'The Paintshop' started by billdavies, 18 August 2012.

1. billdavies

billdavies Newbie

UK-Glasgow
    Car:
    VW Transporter 1.9
    Hi, a new member and I have just painted a Bond Bug...Signal Orange RAL 2010...it looks great...however ther are a few blemishes caused by fine dust and Flies.:mad:
    What is the best way to blend out the marks and what next a good polish and plenty of elbow grease:)
    regards Bill D

2. Kep

Kep Full member

Selby, England
    Car:
    323f 1.5 BA
    really fine wet sanding or a really good polishing compound is how ive dine this in the past. Can't remember the grit of the paper but it was the finest i had in my garage. Just make sure its kept pleny went and give it a good buff after

3. SLEEPER

SLEEPER Pro Tuner

You cant polish out marks made by flies using a buff.

You need to take the paint back so there are no marks and if you had flies landing on the car this may be a few coats .

The grade of wer/dry you need is the finest that will do the above then continue up to around 1200 in stages. You may go through the top coat . If you do you will need to put at least one "fly free " coat on top and then polish

Of course it depends on what you mean by a great finish.
    To me you cant get that in the open , and as you got flies on it presumably thats how you did it.