Paid in town or Free out of town parking?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you prefer to park in town? Does the introduction of pay parking across our towns reduce you chances of visiting local towns? Will you go to out of town shopping centers where the parking is free?

What about park and ride? Is this a good idea - do you use it?

i tend to park out of town free parking, prime example, if im goin to blackpool for the day with the other half, i can park by the houses for free, its only a ten minute walk to the pleasure beach etc, or i can pay like £10 to park on the front, and still have to walk about five mins to get anywhere, so i just back pocket the tenner and park for free!

I hate paying for parking and Id spend another £20 on fuel rather than pay a £1 FEE to park locally. Its the principle.

It depends on whether or not I can park for free, around Northampton free parking isn't readily available during the daytime as it's already taken and I don't get up early enough to get it. So I have to pay 60p an hour. At least the place I park has top level security so you know your car will ok! I understand that some places have to charge you to park, but I think that it takes the p*** with the prices of some places!

dumfries isnt too bad. theres 2 pay carparks, 1 with around 90 spaces and a NCP one with a couple of hundred. right opposite the NCP one there is 300 free spaces and around another 150 short stay, 2hours, parking disc car park. theres also anotheraround 4-500 parking disc spaces in the town which can give you anything beween half hour to 3 hours

I tell you what, if your thinkgin of starting a busness in this day and age, just buy a building in town, nock it down and then charge people up to £2 a hour to park there cars there. I know, dont even bother installing any security camaras, lets invide theeves to come and smash your window in so they can help them selves to your spair change in your ash tray. And if anyone parks there and doesn't pay you can charge them £60 for a ticket. CAR PARKS ARE A RIP! IF THE COUNCILS WANTED PEOPLE TO SHOP IN THE LOCAL SHOPS IN TOWN THEY NEED TO SORT THERE LIFES OUT AND TAKE THERE HEADS FOR A DUMP. CAR PARKS SHOULD BE FREE. SAME OLD STORY THO ISN'T IT. IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO DIRVE, THEN YOU CAN AFFORD TO BE RIPPED OFF. FUEL, TAX, MOT'S, CAR PARKS ECT ECT.....:-x

always pay to park and never use the 'park and ride' - little or no security at these places, well at least the ones i have seen., would rather pay for the security.

Free in town :D

I'm lucky that my best mate has a small carpark, suitable for about 5 cars, at the back of his house/buisness. The family owns 2 cars, leaving 3 spaces for friends.

I get all day parking in a secure NCP car park in the centre of town due to my work. Its £2.00 for 24hrs not bad eh?

Free in town :D

I'm lucky that my best mate has a small carpark, suitable for about 5 cars, at the back of his house/buisness. The family owns 2 cars, leaving 3 spaces for friends.

:amazed: I was going to say free parking in town? Where are you from, Hull?

But your explanation underneath explains! :D