Ozzie L67

Looking very nice Brendan thanks for posting the pictures up. (I've moved this to the Gallery section for you!)

I love the wheels and as this is your 'first post' - welcome to TorqueCars its great to have you along.

that engine bay looks like it should be in a different car lol sorry just didnt expect that car with that engine looks a bit rough. What is it ?

Its an L67 motor, basically a GM3800 with an Eaton M90 blower, I dont mind contructive criticism what suggestions have you got to improve it.

that engine bay looks like it should be in a different car lol sorry just didnt expect that car with that engine looks a bit rough. What is it ?

"a bit rough" is a bit harsh Gendox. It is a massive engine and with some chrome and silicone hoses it could look better but IMHO engines are for power not for looks.

The pod filter should help with power - make sure you have a cold air feed though.

no i didnt mean it in a bad way i just meant that engine looks older only because its not tarted up with platic lol i prefer it that way my engine looks like that lol just if you want put some colour hoses give it a good clean !

"a bit rough" is a bit harsh Gendox. It is a massive engine and with some chrome and silicone hoses it could look better but IMHO engines are for power not for looks.

The pod filter should help with power - make sure you have a cold air feed though.

Im taking out the existing flat filter box and putting in a new enclosure that will draw air from behind the headlights and I also have a custom 4 " cold air fed coming up from below the bumper.

no i didnt mean it in a bad way i just meant that engine looks older only because its not tarted up with platic lol i prefer it that way my engine looks like that lol just if you want put some colour hoses give it a good clean !

I totally agree with you, it is an old engine but a goody and yes it does need some TLC. The black cover to the supercharger doesnt help witht he look but it keeps it for want of better word more stealthy. Later on I would like to add a W2A Intercooler or if they come along a little more an A2A intercooler this will require the supercharger to be raised as their is a plate to fitted between the supercharger and motor to feed the cooler air and when this happens the cover comes off and I will then probably polish all of the metal bits.

I attach a photo of one our local forum members car engine bay to indicate what the possibilities are with this motor.

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/brendan007album/Possible Mods/ShowroomFinish.jpg

Looks nice all shiny doesn't it! You sound like a man with a plan to me!;)

Yeh, available hours for all the rubbing required and a wallet with a hole in it are the only things holding me back from completing the dream or at least getting to the first stage of the dream as when you get there theres always something else to do.

Ah yes the age old problem of needing time and money!;) I wonder how many projects have been abandoned because of these?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back