Out to get the wheel repaired today

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Incredibly annoying! Had to go and see someone in the City so parked in an unfamiliar NCP. Long story short I clipped the kerb by the barriers due to a ridiculously unnecessary length to the concrete plinth.

Did I turn the air blue or what :mad:

Phoned my smart repair guru Matt last night and bullied my way onto his repairs list for today, so all will be well by lunch time. I took some photos of the damage and off the plinth from various angles, I will send these onto the car park owners first thing Monday morning, especially as it was clear from the damage to the plinth that I was not the only who has been caught out.

:eek: S##t happens and I know you love the T9 like a baby and absolutely hate the slightest blemish on it.

Car parks these days are so poorly designed it seems. Why do they have to have bits of concrete sticking out for no apparent reason. As car models seem to get larger year on year car park layout and space width needs to be reassessed in a lot of older facilities me thinks.

I feel for you. I did a major scrape on my alloys last week! That grinding crunchy metal sound is never pleasant!

I feel for you. I did a major scrape on my alloys last week! That grinding crunchy metal sound is never pleasant!

Isn't that the truth though! The kerbing sounded terrible and felt like a knife entering my heart and then the blade was twisted sideways :(

So not long got back home from seeing Matt the smart repair guru - Cheers for the ultra short notice work Matt, as always it is greatly appreciated buddy ;)

So here is Matt at work on my wounded NSF wheel, looks ruddy marvellous now |B

Well after 7 years off riding on 19's Dai you could say I am used to it :)

No problem with them whatsoever! You will hear the usual suspects on the other forum moan on about 19's do this and 19's do that, what makes me laugh is that some of them don't even own a 9-3ss o_O

Lol!! Tell me about it!! It's getting worst mate!!

I fancy a change of wheels once the go faster bits are done....and the clutch....that's gonna hurt the piggy bank.

I'm definitely going bigger but not sure if 19's will be too big so might settle on 18's (bit cheaper aswell for good tyres) I had some monster 355 19's on the AMG and back then the prices where crazy. Both rears punctured the same day so that was fun!

What size tyres have you got on there Os? I'll price a few up then and see what's availabe :)

I have 245/35/19 all round. Had the bump stop that came with the Hirsch wheels fitted so I have no idea what the car is like without these Dai.

Yes Nexen! The guys asked for an opinion on these from an on the road point of view so i am evaluating them. Been on the car since the end of the summer and so far i have nothing to complain about them.

I nearly fell of the road with Nexen N2000 on the back of my 528i a few years ago. They were simply useless in the wet. Hardly the quickest of cars, let's face it. But things move on, I am all in favour of progress

Sorry to hear that Paul. Needless to say the guys would not put anything dodgy on my car, I am after all their best customer by a country mile ;)