[original question solved!]. Good car for a first timer?

AerosolSP

i was just wondering if anyone knew of a good way to get a to accelerate quicker. I can floor my car, and it'll rev up to 5000 rpm without doing much. I guessing that i have to increase the torque but....i dont know how!
[SOLVED! thanks Pixel]

What's a good car for a first time modder? I'm thinking about something i can get second hand for around $15,000 or less, and has alot of capacity for body kit modification and interior modification. If i went by that article on the main site that profiled different kinds of modder set ups, i guess im going for a "Tuner" looking car.

i considered that, but i only really want a short term boost. This car is being traded in for another in january, but i really cant put up with having to be so careful entering the highway because of how slow the car is.

Put the induction kit on now and then take it off before you swap the car. And then if it doesn't fit your new car, sell it.

There are a few other mods that increase speed but an Induction Kit is good for acceleration and saves a bit of fuel as well!

oh, its a bolt on? that settles things. But now that we're done with that, how about this?

What's a good car for a first time modder?

I think that if you have intentions of modding a car with a medium size budget, purchase an old classic car (with potential) for £1000 or less and spend the rest of modifications!

I just bought a car for 3,500 and I only have 1,500 for mods which is quite a lot but ideally, i want 2,000 +

I'll get there in the end :D

would i be right in thinking you are in america as you quote in dollars and not pounds , the type of car would depend on what style you like first do you like hot hatches , something long and sporty ,or what ,if you have a style you like then that would give people something to recomened you on :)