Operation: win-oh-six!

Del

Car
106 gti/Legacy B4
Hey all, thought id share my track car build with you as its just starting off!

ok so ive been on the lookout for something cheap, fun and easy to use as a track tramp. I had originally intended to go vtec but you honda drivers are such dreamers that it wasnt possible on my budget lol. So this popped up, and at the right price too - a completely standard 106 gti, half leather interior and all! gave it a quick clean up and here it is:

DSC_1702.jpg

DSC_1708.jpg

DSC_1712.jpg

Apologies for the terrible pics!

so stay tuned to see this very clean little car get defiled and robbed of all her dignity before i stick her in her best dress and out on the track where she belongs, little slut :D

EDIT: Did a lil bit today, gave her a service and a bit of stealthifying :)
DSC_0001NEF.jpg

EDIT:Fully sleeper'd her and replaced the lower gearbox mount with a Group N item (cheers JDMPowered) and MY GOD the difference:
bab60d8e.jpg

Currently ordered I have: Timing belt kit and water pump, raceland 4-2-1 manifold, drilled and grooved discs and carbon lorraine brake pads, HEL braided lines and 5.1 fluid!

I've decided not to go with GTi6 brake upgrade just yet, as its first outing is in a month and a half, and i dont wanna put TOO much pressure on myself!! feel free to add comments/opinions!
EDIT:19/5/10: few more bits done today!
Decided to opt away from GTi6 setup for now and went with a set of vented, drilled and grooved discs that came with mintex pads - we'll see how the pads stand up!
DSC_0002-1.jpg

also due to lack of parts and general boredom, i started sprucing up the engine bay bits:
DSC_0001.jpg

Raceland manifold is on the way, then we'll see about an exhaust :)

Last edited:
Excellent mate, this is the kinda stuff I like to see, not many people getting threads up/updating often these days. Looking good so far. Going to strip her?

106 is brilliant for this sort of thing, there are plenty of mods you can do it,
Interior needs to go, and as for the brakes, the 6 brakes needs 15" wheels and they will fit under the 205 gti wheels if you like that sort of thing, also something to consider is if you are going to buy new calipers then buy ones for the 307 2.0 xsi or the 206 gti180 as they are cheaper and there just as good, slightly smaller pistons but bigger pad area and same size discs and you may need a bigger master cylinder as the standard one is a bit weedy for the bigger brakes, also bilstien do some nice coilovers for it and spoox motorsport do the bushes and ARB's as well, also as for exhausts the pug sport group n is a good system but I wouldn't advise it as it is too noisy for some tracks and doesn't last that long (it's mild steel) Supersprint make a good system though

Hope this helps :)

Brett

ps nice find chap, it looks great

Last edited:
307 2.0 xsi or the 206 gti180 as they are cheaper and there just as good, slightly smaller pistons but bigger pad area and same size discs and you may need a bigger master cylinder as the standard one is a bit weedy for the bigger brakes,

Brett

ps nice find chap, it looks great

if the piston itself is smaller then less fluid is required to push, so if im right the MC will be fine

you might also find that the pedal has more feel in it

Indeed it will do, however I would still advise an upgrade seeing as the standard one is pretty widgy so if you do upgrade in the future then it's all good

cheers for the advice all! new MC will be going in to facilitate both future brake upgrades AND the abolition of my ABS :D updated first post by the way!

Lookin a sweet lil motor. Keep up the good work and hope to see some piccies and vids from your track day ;)

Thanks mate, will do! If any of ye are from Ireland and interested in a cheap track day let me know, we still have spaces left!

lol, I'm not from ireland and I don't really have a suitable car, not cause it's a diesel it's just a little worse for ware, old age is setting in and it's getting hard to keep up with the repairs time and money don't allow really :(, but anyways back to your car, what you going to do about the suspension? it will be completely wrong when you loose all the weight, especially on the rear, it will bounce around a lot and ride a bit higher,

sorry if i seem like i'm having a dig, but I'm not trying to, just trying to help :)

Bilstien seem to do the best suspension for these so yeah, good choice, if you were using it for the road then I would have said use eibach springs, but for track just use the best bilstien kit you can get

they really do seem to be the dog's alright! im on a budget though, so i may jst go for a set of springs, although it has a torsion bar set up on the rear - i dunno, i havent really looked at whats out there yet :)

The torsion bars are easy to drop on the rear, I have a couple of videos of a chap doing it on his 306 and explaining and showing what he is doing and it applys to 106's and 205's as well so I could send you those in an e-mail if you want, just pm me you addy

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back