Opel

We call them Vauxhalls or GM over here - the model specs are also similar. What Opel have you got? I've had a Corsa and an Astra (Kadette) both were good cars and served me well.

my car is an old opel kadette -90. it has a sport exhaust so it makes quite a nice sound.... the engine is 1.6. is there any cheap way to tune the car to increase the performance?

A fast road cam would be good on this engine. Fitting a low ratio gearbox would improve your acceleration. Fuel pressure boost valve would also improve throttle response. How mjuch do you want to spend though - this is usually the limit.

I was looking at panel filters for it and found one which would have fitted. this only costs around 80€. I read in other discussions that it increased the performance quite a lot in some cars and less in others...

A panel filter is a good cheap option. It will increase the power from about 3000 revs upwards and you shouldn't lose any low down power in your car.

I'm a huge fan of the old opel rekords 1700, and the opel mantas, the old ones, they're like the european dodge, they are just like the dodge challenger and charger of europe, nice rides, so what u've got and where ya from zoozer?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back