Opel Vectra - airbag indicator lighting

jong_ynclino

Can anybody help me? i've got an opel vectra 1.6 (1998) the airbag warning indicator is lighting since september last year. can you please give some way on how to turn it off safely...

iv got the same problem on my car right now (astra 1.8 1998) it followed from an altinator problem, its caused when the altinator is overcharging so it blows the air bag cuircet or the overcharging just puts the light on, have you had any problems with you altinator since the light has been on ?

i bought this car from a used car shop last year since then i've never had any problem with this car except with this red light airbag indicator. till now your indicator is still lighting even after you have fixed your alternator problem? can anybody help us with our little problem.....

well unfortunatly my altinator problem was enough to blow the whole airbag matrix to the light will stay on untill i replace the matrix, but if your lucky your vauxhall dealer might be able to clear the light by plugging in their diagnostics computer to clear the code but thats about £40 or at least it is here, but if your not lucky your in the same boat as me wear its a whole lot more to get fixed :(