Opel Kadett 2.2 8 valve - need advice

christiaan

Car
opel kadett 2.2
Hello everyone

I would just like to ask some performance upgrade tips for my car. Want to keep it naturally aspirated. But need it to be able to run with motorcycles. Please help

Thank you

What's your budget? Increase compression, add a fast road cam and look at getting the head ported and flowed should give a nice increase on that block.

Is there a 16valve head that fits? The Astra GTE may be a suitable donor vehicle for this but you might need to alter the timing to get this to work.

Oh and may I wish you a very warm welcome to our site. Post up a project thread please and keep us informed of your progress with this project.

I do have a 16valve head currently on. Im thinking of gas flowing, cutting cams, skim the head, blueprint and putting on an interceptor. Will do once I know what's the best to do! Thanks for the reply. Sorry for late reply! I also was thinking about twin charging. Any opinions? I am new to this

Twincharging is too complex, you'll need to dramatically lower the compression ratio of the engine. I'd go with a low boost supercharger if you wanted to go the forced induction route which will probably give the biggest bang for your money.

Fast road cams & skimmed head would be good mods. Blueprinting allows a higher redline to be used but is pretty expensive for any power gains you'll get.

Make sure the porting and flowing takes into account the cam profile, I've seen engine ruined where the flow rates are all out when fast road or competition cams are added.