omg please help

kayleigh1199

my boyfriend was just driven the car and the stereo started cutting off then comin back on then about 1 min later the car just cut off and he had to just roll to the side of the road, now when he wobbles the car the clock comes on and off and the alarm lights not comin on and the petrol gadge goes up an down and the temperature is down the battery light is comin on and the handbrake is on.
could any one please give me a idea on what it could be and around how much it will cost to fix?
thanks:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::confused::confused::confused::confused:

battery maybe dead? you can get a battery from halfords fairly cheap, dunno what else it might be

Could it be a bad earth (sometimes caused by -ve earth rot)? Check the -ive on the battery/body/engine block. Either that or a loose wire shorting out somewhere. Have you recently changed anything on the car? New stereo, speakers maybe?
Also check all your fuses are in properly.
I think the best thing is to have a good auto sparky check it over.

hi thanks for all ur help i checked the eath wire and it had snapped it half so got my mate to fix it now its fine.
thanks again

Tell you boyfriend it needed a new engine, get him to cough up and then go shopping! ;)