Omega 2.5i v6 24v bhp output

Richardsv6

Car
omega 2.5i v6 24v
hi all i have an omega 2.5i v6 24v and i intend on putting a pipercross viper air kit/cat back custom exhaust/fast road cams/fse boost valve and re- map it.Does anyone know what sort of bhp gain i will be lookin at gaining? At the moment it is only 167bhp standard

cheers

Last edited:
A FPR is really not necessary, but if you must waste your money on one, get a decent one and not a crappy FSE. In the experience of myself and friends they are pure garbage and don't hold a constant pressure and often just set themselves to whatever pressure they want!

what could i use to increase the fuel supply rather than use an fpr/fse that isnt effective?

put a higher delivery fuel pump in instead?

are there any other things that you would advise to increase the performance?

your input is much appreciated :)

A re-map is what will increase the fuelling. You're standard injectors and pump will most likely be good for a small hike in fuelling. Obviously that varies from car to car and it's best to check with your mapper, who should be measuring AFR as he maps anyway.

Yes, as are the injectors, which is why I said "most likely". But most standard injectors and pumps are good for more (sometimes considerably) than the standard output. For the small gains you will get, I imagine you'll be fine.

You'll be fine on the standard set up. Not a lover of the Viper kits and they are not as good as the glossy bits says they are! Why not stick with the original induction set up and modify it? Remove the resonator box, bang a few large holes in it and fit a panel filter? The cold air feed on the OE one is pretty good as standard believe it or not. As said fit 3.0 cams and an Mtek chip, apparently that will be good for near on 200 bhp.

I was quite happy with my FSE boost valve. Admittedly I hadn't turned it up to the max but it was a vast improvement over the standard Rover item and made the car a pleasure to drive in traffic.

In general though fuelling should not bother you too much unless you added a turbo/supercharger to your engine.