Older Subarus

Subex

ok i see most of the subarus on here are newer subaru topics. i'm a bit old school right now. i have the Rare 1989 Subaru XT6 5spd Manuel.
i'm trying to make it into a performancecar such as these cars on this site.

anyone know were i can get performance parts for the XT6.
all that done is factory air box to an air cone and glasspack at the end of exhaust.

Subex

erm, start with a new intercooler to reduce engine temp n change cams to fast road/race. full sports exhaust system including manifold at 3'' diameter, a black mamba isuction system will bring even cooler denser air and if you're feeling brave add an electronic supercharger, reducing weight also helps

all you need to do now is find these parts for your rare beast!

Aswaring is pretty much on the ball:
This was the world's first production car to ever have a liquid-cooled flat six! Very nice car. I would looks first at doing exhaust and induction kit. Track down a Magnaflow freeflow 2 1/4 inch exhaust (Cat back) and you'll need to get somone to make up a custom downpipe.

If you take out the engine - strip it down and get it balanced. Fit larger valves and a sports cam and that will lift the performance by another 20bhp or so. As its not a turbo I wouldn't recommend an intercooler.

Dont forget handling - lowered supension and sports springs/shocks will make it handle better. I'm guessing its tail happy in the wet.

no its not a turbo. but engine can be but it costly. changing pistons and some other stuff. its been done before.

i also thaught about putting a EG33 engine it.
3.3L DOHC 24 Valve 6 cylinder Factory 240HP non turbo
the twin turbo engine has 541Hp Factory Turbo model
it in a another rare car from subaru. its in a 1991-93 Subaru SVX

if i could i would. but i dont know of the work. i just know a guy known as huck from xt6.net he put the EG33 in his and he calls it the frankenwedge

I remember drooling over the SVX when it came out. It had so many gadgets! The frakenwedge is a good name - this guy has a good sense of fun!

he himself did come up with the name. his freind called it that and the name just stuck to it. it had 240Hp 5 spd also 17" rims

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back