Torque Cars

Older Subarus

Discussion in 'Impreza' started by Subex, 19 July 2007.

1. Subex

Subex New member

Franklin, Pa
    ok i see most of the subarus on here are newer subaru topics. i'm a bit old school right now. i have the Rare 1989 Subaru XT6 5spd Manuel.
    i'm trying to make it into a performancecar such as these cars on this site.

anyone know were i can get performance parts for the XT6.
    all that done is factory air box to an air cone and glasspack at the end of exhaust.

Subex

2. aswearing

aswearing Torque Master

Doncaster
    Car:
    Micra 160sr
    whats the engine size?

3. Subex

Subex New member

Franklin, Pa
    2.7L Six Cylinder 145Hp 5spd manuel
    running 215/60/14 bfgoodrich tires

4. aswearing

aswearing Torque Master

Doncaster
    Car:
    Micra 160sr
    erm, start with a new intercooler to reduce engine temp n change cams to fast road/race. full sports exhaust system including manifold at 3'' diameter, a black mamba isuction system will bring even cooler denser air and if you're feeling brave add an electronic supercharger, reducing weight also helps

all you need to do now is find these parts for your rare beast!

5. Subex

Subex New member

Franklin, Pa
    and were am i to find all this?. i searched everywere and i cant find anything for the car

6. Subex

Subex New member

Franklin, Pa
    go to member galleries under subex under scooby's pics. if it askes for password its "xt6"

A Picture of my 89 Subaru XT6

7. Subex

Subex New member

Franklin, Pa
    added more pix

8. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Aswaring is pretty much on the ball:
    This was the world's first production car to ever have a liquid-cooled flat six! Very nice car. I would looks first at doing exhaust and induction kit. Track down a Magnaflow freeflow 2 1/4 inch exhaust (Cat back) and you'll need to get somone to make up a custom downpipe.

If you take out the engine - strip it down and get it balanced. Fit larger valves and a sports cam and that will lift the performance by another 20bhp or so. As its not a turbo I wouldn't recommend an intercooler.

Dont forget handling - lowered supension and sports springs/shocks will make it handle better. I'm guessing its tail happy in the wet.

9. Subex

Subex New member

Franklin, Pa
    no its not a turbo. but engine can be but it costly. changing pistons and some other stuff. its been done before.

i also thaught about putting a EG33 engine it.
    3.3L DOHC 24 Valve 6 cylinder Factory 240HP non turbo
    the twin turbo engine has 541Hp Factory Turbo model
    it in a another rare car from subaru. its in a 1991-93 Subaru SVX

10. aswearing

aswearing Torque Master

Doncaster
    Car:
    Micra 160sr
    i heard of the 3.3 being put in, and it working very well. why not splash out on the twins? :wink:

11. Subex

Subex New member

Franklin, Pa
    if i could i would. but i dont know of the work. i just know a guy known as huck from xt6.net he put the EG33 in his and he calls it the frankenwedge

12. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    I remember drooling over the SVX when it came out. It had so many gadgets! The frakenwedge is a good name - this guy has a good sense of fun!

13. Subex

Subex New member

Franklin, Pa
    he himself did come up with the name. his freind called it that and the name just stuck to it. it had 240Hp 5 spd also 17" rims