Old School Opel Manta A

Fc170drw

Car
Fiatx1/9
I want to know if anybody has switched to 5 lug wheels on their Manta A's. If so is it worth the work and wheel availability etc. 4x100's for rear drive is getting hard to locate. Thought's and words of wisdom welcome

I think it is worth it if you can't get the style and look you want. You're only talking about a hub change but thinking about it how often do you want to change your rims?

Getting the right hub will also open up a world of brake upgrades as well so see what's around in the world of brakes before you choose a hub and set of wheels.

Is the issue due to finding the size in the states? Plenty of options in the UK and some exported models running 4x100. The BMW Mini has the same fitment as do some VW/Audi, Vauxhall/Opel, MG/Rover etc. When I was looking for different wheels on the MG I bought Pro-Race, they offer just about anything. However if changing hubs is the preferred route in order to source common sizes where you are then that makes sense. Shouldn't be too hard to machine such parts for the halfshafts used. The Manta 'A' can handle it as it is the same unit used on the group 4 rally cars and HS/HSR Chevettes back in the day.

Right, it's going to bug me now until I get help from one of you guys! What was the British version of car that looked like the Opel Manta? I can see it in my mind but I cannot remember the name of it :oops:

The only shape that Vauxhall had in the stable that was similar was the Firenza and its later incarnation the Magnum, both in Coupe guise. I had both ;)