Old member coming back!

RedlineX2

Tuner
Car
none
Hi guys

I registered a while back (2 years? 3?) when I got interested 'bout cars for the first time. Was active for a while, but haven't visited the site for over a year, but I figured, since I finally got my own car, might as well make a comeback:cool:.

Bought a 95 Firebird, with an anemic 160BHP 3.4-liter V6 and 4-speed automatic. Got most options available, including the performance goodies, 4-wheel disc brakes and LSD with 3.23 rear axle ratio.

It was imported to Finland from Germany in 2005 and had some creepy AV-mods done to it which I'm going to have removed when/if I have some spare cash. It's been driven year round but due to rustproofing it has very little rust.

Pics in the next post->

All pics feature baby bro's 50cc moped as I stole these pics from him:lol:

P7220152.jpg

P7220144.jpg

P7220154.jpg

I've got big plans for modding after spending next year in military.

Whaddya guys think?

Welcome back buddy.
Car looks smart. What's the plans then?

Thanks mate. Everytime I tell someone bout my plans they tell me to get a V8.
Anyways, I was thinkin' a 3400 hybrid conversion, meaning ported aluminum heads from a 2000+ FWD 3.4 engine (Grand Am GT), along with aggressive cam, custom pushrods, LS6 springs for higher redline, etc. 220RWHP is very possible with those mods, though it won't come cheap. Of course, since the engine bay is designed with the V8 in mind, there's plenty of room for a turbo or two if things really get outta hand:p.

Appearance-wise, a 98+ Trans Am high wing, maybe a (non-T/A) ram-air hood (don't wanna be rice:eek:), custom paintjob, light 18" alloys. The rear window must get blacked out to hide my stuff too;).

That's all gonna happen in the past after I get my military service over with (4.40euros/day doesn't quite cut it:(). For now I'll just install pacesetter headers and magnaflow cat-back once they arrive from US of A and fix some small stuff like the radio and central locking.

Some post huh, gonna get some sleep now, nighty-night...zzz...

Welcome back, nice to hear from you again. The project plans sound awesome, please start a project thread and keep us up to date with it.

Two unidentified cables coming from the dash, two cables in the glove box for a screen or playstation or something and a 300W amp in the trunk. The upper part of the center console is aftermarket with a switch for anti-theft system, another strange switch and a retrofitted cd-player. They're badly wired as the front speakers stop working now and then.

Probably only leaving the radio panel and anti-theft system on the car, seriously don't need a tv on my dash and already got another radio with more punch and a hole for aux :D. I'll take some pics when I can be bothered to get the car and camera to same place at once :D.

Any idea how to attach anti-theft system's motion sensors to the A-pillar? Tried 2-sided tape but didn't stick for long. Not sure about super-glue as taking them off would leave ugly marks...

I see, AV cables and such like. As for the sensors, can they not be tucked into the trim at all or does the body of the sensor have nothing fitted? Might pay to slip a stiff tube or wire over and around the cable, use resin to attach and use that to tuck it into the trim, without seeing it I can't help much.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back