oil pressure sender

karl1127

Car
mitsubishi gto
I have decided to finally have a look to see if the wire has come off my oil pressure sender unit, i put the car on the ramps and got underneath, but to my surprise i found the sender wire just dangling and no pressure sender any where, i can see the oil warning light sender this has the wire going to it and the oil light goes straight out as soon as the car is started and no flickering when it is warm, so that's ok, looked at the pictures on the net and for the life of me i cant find it anywhere, i know my way around an engine and know what to look for but there is nothing that even looks like the sender unit, only the wire that goes to it hanging loose, how strange, anyone have any ideas

How long have you had this issue? Is it possible that the pressure sender might have been weeping and it was replaced with the standard oil warning light sender instead?

had it since i bought the car about 3 months ago mate, thinking along the same lines myself, going to get it on the ramps again tomorrow and take myself a few pictures and look on the net to see whats happening when i match the photos up together

I am a bit confused, so are you saying that the car has an OP warning light AND an OP gauge as well and only the light works??