Oil In Radiator!

faze_932

Tuner
Ok so its not affecting my car as of this moment, bt i have noticed rbbish economy. I took the radiator cap off and saw oil mixed heavily in with the water/coolent mix in the radiator. where do yo think the oil is getting in? im quite a confident home mechanic, and would find no problem in removal and flushing of the radiator, im hoping its the leak from the water pump? Any input would be appreciated! Freddie i felt like crying when i opened the radiator cap :(!

Has someone been thrashing it about on cold mornings? :p

Sorry to hear about this dude.. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help..

yep mayo in the oil, barbi sauace in the coolant, i am driving the birds new mini now which is nice, but the quote of 700 from a garage next to birds dads work put a downer on the day, im guno take the head off, have a look to see if its worped if it is see how much a skim is and if tis not worped its a crack, then its going to be an engine replacement, mk2 VTS me thinks! i do believe i could kill peugoet for the trouble ive had with this car, i dont rag it at all!

LOLLERSKATES!!

£700 to do what exactly?

Would you really bother with a VTS lump into the pug? I'd rather just go for a VTS with all the work that would be needed on your car..

Or more likely a VTR or 106Rallye!

But I'm sure we've had this argument 1000 times before!

comes down to insurance and ecomony in the end, i wish i could have an r6 but not have the bother with all the tests and unpracticalitys in wet weather and other drivers! well 400 for labour and either the skimming of the block and replacement top or the best case the actual gasket has just worn away, unlikely though would love it to be this, been reading it over and over in my hanyes manuel and id love to do it myself, id be a mechanic if the pay was better! so i might get friendly with the mechanics round my birds dads work and see if one of them will do it cheaper if i help out, win/win! (bar money, bloomin cars are always about the money) i swear its cheaper to buy a newer car in the long run :(

Right so im thinking i might drop another engine in either 1.4 or 1.6 but a mk2 version if possible would i need a new ECU and would it work ok with my standard speedos and gearbox will obv be much closer than a 1.6 but i dont really mind this, just would they couple, basically things that need to be replaced when dropping a new engine in! cheers guys.