Oil for an XUD11, 406 2.1 TD and a 205

jarrus

Pro Tuner
Car
Suzuki Swift Sport
Right then, question for oilman and I'll try and make sence here (but no promises....)

I'm putting another engine into my car and going to need oil for it. It's a 2.1 from a 406 (turbodiesel)

Now, I would just use Fuchs Pro Race S 5w/40 because it will be good for the engine.....now here's the confusing bit....

The 1.9 variant has been know to thorw rods (I think due to the idiots who tune them) but I also think it boils down to the oil used. I think the oil gets too hot and get's too thin. Every one of those engines I've seen taken appart show exessive ware on the crank jornals and the big end barings (all tuned up engines) one case I saw was also using Fuchs Pro race s (same weight) eventually I'm going to get me an oil cooler to help keep the oil temps under control. Should I use a different weight oil (maybe a thicker one) in the series, I reckon i'm going to be running over 200 hp (double the standard power) and I won't be using it every day.

Any suggestions? Also should I use a flush to get rid of the gunk that's in there?

Also what oil for my 205 1.8 turbo diesel? Is pro race ok again? that car I will be using every day c

Thanks again man I hope I made sence and you see where I'm coming from.

Those engines, when heavily tuned, seem to go wrong, no matter what you do. There are a few guys around here that have got theirs up to over 200bhp, but they pop in to buy running in oil quite often. They have used the 5w-40 Pro S in the past (as well as just about every brand we have), but if I remember correctly, they are now using 10w-50 and I haven't seen some of them for a while. I'd go for the 10w-50 in the 406 and if the 205 is pretty standard, the 5w-40 in that.

Cheers

Tim

Can you recommend a gearbox oil as well chap,

For the 1.9 Turbo diesel gearbox, it's what I'm going to use in the 306 with the 406 2.1 td engine. I think standard weight is a 75w80. Should I change to a different weight or going for something different? What brand do you recommend?

Also ordered 2 lots of the 10w50, I think I might use it in the 205 also :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back