Oil changes

gummy

Torque Master
Car
skyline r34 gtt
I change my oil and filter every 4 months,2500-3000 miles!.Just wondering what the general opinion on oil changes etc is,i was told frequent changes are good and have done this since owning the r33 then the r34!.:):):)

I used to do it every 6 months which was about 10k miles when I had my petrol cars. Theses days its yearly but still every 9k for my diesel.

Oil changes are the best thing you can do for longevity imo.

Around 5k on the ZS and that depends on track days done then it's more frequent. The Landy gets done when it gets done.

I change mine every 6 months I know it doesn't really need it but something so cheap and simple why not:-D

They say about once a year for me so I've followed that. I don't drive much since I live close to everything I need so it's about every 4-5000 km or 6-7000 miles

We could spend ages discussing if its OTT or not but to be honest for me its a relative cost thing plain and simple

Changing the oil every 2000 miles may seem anal ( and it probably is ) but having spent five figures on the engine I just cant make spending a further £40 every 2000 miles into a problem

Epecially when it that 2000 miles I have spent roughly 20 times that on petrol

I think for the small cost and ease of doing it,it gives me peace of mind,and a clean engine etc,maybe a bit excessive,but no worries!!!.