Oil and error info for A4 B7 TDI 170HP // 2007

Feelfree

Car
A4 B7 TDI 170HP
Hello,

I just bought my first Audi, an A4 B7 TDI 170HP of 2007.
At this moment it has 2 error codes :
1. P3102 : My ELM told me it's a generic code, Google it and found this : Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) faulty
2. P2002 Diesel Particulate Filter Efficiency Below Threshold

The previous owner did not do the servicing(oil change & filters etc) for some time now. Oil level is at half in engine and very black.
Having lot of smelly white smoke at start which stops when the car is running. Is it linked to DPF or EGR ?

After reading on the net, I've found that the best oil for a B7 2.0 TDI is the 5W30 VW 507.00.
This is my first issue, i'm having difficulties finding this oil on the market, yea i'm on an island, Mauritius island ;)
But i can easily get hold of 10w40 but they don't have the code VW 507.00
The only one i found is from the make Petronas => kind of expensive and my mechanic telling me he has some bad feedback from this make(Petronas).
I have access to those makes : Motul, Comline, Castrol(expensive and not the 5w30), Shell, Total, Eurolub.
Any thoughts on this ? Can I go for something else than the vw 507.00 ?
Any experience with Petronas oil ?

Concerning the error codes, I have bought Voltronic D12 Multi-Reiniger (complete fuel system and exhaust system cleaner for diesel engine). On the bottle it says it helps clean EGR, DPF and SCR.
Would it be of any help ? Please note that here they don't sell any cleaning kit for EGR or DPF..

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Audi have used the Castrol in mine. I usually get my oil from https://www.opieoils.co.uk/ delivery costs may add up so it would be worth stocking up if you can.

Did you find this article

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back