I can't bring myself to say it. I own a D

D

D

DI

Die

DIES

Oh look a squirrel!

Come on - anyone'd think you've just bought a 1986 Cavalier 1.6D

New diesel registrations have been outnumbering new petrol sales since 2010 so you're in good company.

Diseasals are taken over the world hahaha! Welcome to the relaxed motoring club Waynne. Don't forget to wear your slippers as theres nothing else to do but sit back and doze when driving them ;)

It sounds like a tractor when I start it up but it's actually quite good to drive, the mid range punch is awesome.

It is an A3 2.0 TDI 140bhp SLine Sportback with leather and Bose speakers. A remap is definitely on the cards.

I've also done about 200 miles and still have only used quarter of a tank of fuel! I think fill ups will be a thing of the past!

It's also had annual servicing. The bodywork is pretty shocking though but nothing I can't sort out with a decent polish.

I'll put up some photos of it soon. It got more MPG round town on cold that I got on the Motorway in my Petrol cruising at 70! I think I'm going to like this but you never heard me say that!

Well congrats anyway Waynne, I must admit to being pleasantly surprised by the fuel economy in my A4 2.0 TDI hire care :embarrest:
Actually, if I had a call for a 2nd economical car to drive around in then it would probably be the - sorry I think I need a lie down first :amuse:

That should 'map to around 300lbft and 200bhp without going too mad. For comparison purposes consider that BMW's 4.4 litre V8 M62TUB44 engine manages 325lbft at 3600rpm.

No one considers a 540i to be slow.

Your A3 is considerably lighter and will offer up its remapped 300lbft from under 2000rpm.

It will go very very nicely indeed. And forget the 'for a diesel' qualifier.

My Golf tdi 170 is an excellent engine and is sooo easy to drive with 258 torques. Just not very involving thats all. Returns 45 mpg around town easy and 50+ on a run with spirited driving mixed in. Your 140 engine will return 60+ mpg easy I found when I drove father in laws one. His new focus tdi by comparison is awful though

Nothing to be ashamed of, my Vectra 150 returns good mpg, saving me £25 a week on the commute. A remap will give my 1.9 the same figures as the 3.0 V6 version. The 6 speed box makes a big difference on the motorway run where it can get high 50s. The only issue I have is the other drivers making a mess of the diesel pumps on the forecourts.

yeah, theres a guy on here with a 150 vectra buy his has 280 hp and well over 400lbft, saw it in PPC mag not long ago....

212 and 327 is possible from just a map

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back