Not bought a car yet, still working it out !!!

Dewar

Car
None As Yet
Hello everyone,

I just thought I would pop into this feed and say Hi...

I am Dewar and am contemplating getting a Hyundai Coupe...

This probably isn't everyone's choice of car, but I like it because it reminds me of the days when I used to have an Opel Manta GTE, for those of you that can remember that far back...

The Manta was just as raw, but good fun and the series 2 Coupe isn't to far off looking like my old Manta too...

OOH I loved the MANTA GTE. The big Z logo cut out at the front and the bonnet bulge. Lovely cars.

You can still do a lot to a Coupe to up the performance to match it's looks.

Hi Waynne,

Yes I have fond memories of my Manta and I am really considering the Hyundai Coupe because it takes me back to a time when I used to like driving too.

I am just getting back into cars, literally, because for the last 20 years or so I have been a biker, and so I have got the speed rush out of the way now...

I am now looking for a car that is pleasing on the eye, has to be a Coupe (because I don't want to be dragging around my sisters kids in the back, or become a surrogate taxi either... lol) but it also has to be affordable too, and I think the Hyundai is the nicest looking Coupe out there...

Also, Waynne, I understand when you say "You can still do a lot to a Coupe to up the performance to match it's looks", and I'm sure that will come after I get myself a solid car first.

I am looking at the Series 3 Coupe because I think they have uprated the Suspension etc, compared to the Series 2, but I'm not to sure about that yet.

Just to finish, this is a great site for accessing all areas of interest, and one of the best points is that, this site, is not car specific, which is great for someone like me who is researching what to buy.

Thanks again for all your input...

Hyundai Coupes are great looking cars and there are plenty of aftermarket options out there for it. Not sure on the performance side of things though.

hemingway has recently bought one.