NOS KIT - Decided to have it installed

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
So I have read up a little on the subject, and after a couple of phone calls today, I am having a NOS kit fitted by Active Nitrous Systems in Braintree Essex.
Car is going in on the 7th of April for the 75BHP setup and will take two days to install and commission. Can't wait! Any tips from those who have had a NOS kit fitted would be greatly appreciated :)

The people who are fitting the kit, are agents of: The Wizards of Nos based in Doncaster and they come highly recommended! Needed to make sure I had someone experienced with this type of system, sleep a little more easy in my bed now! ;)

MODS! not sure if I should have put this in the Technical area, so if you feel it should be elsewhere then that's fine by me!

Last edited:
You will most likely see around about 40-45bhp return with 75bhp jets aslong as it's done properly. But what i'd recommend is to get them to fit a progressive NOS controller to allow certain %'s in each gear such as 35% in 1st, 45% in 2nd and so on with full nos in 3rd and 4th. This will allow you to run the NOS perfectly all the time with an activation switch. So flick the switch when you want it and the power is all done for you through the progressive kit. Definatly work having as it will allow your car to run perfectly with it without putting the car through too much stress and not making the wheels spin up everytime you use it.

Cheers for the heads up Badger! this is already being done ;)
I am having the 75BHP kit as a starter to see how I get on with it, and I will have the jets changed to the 150BHP later on! They are going to write two special maps for me on the Max Extreme Nitous Controller (Race) that I am buying also.
The 150BHP jets and the fitting of them will be no extra charge to me as i'm spending quite a bit of money on the kit!
The progressive power to the gears will be programmed in but! I have taken this bit under advisement from Anthony @ WON! and this will start from the 2nd gear and not the first and then go all the way through to the fifth gear (Auto box with Tiptronic changer).

Can I ask why it's taking 2 days?, Last kit I fitted took just over an hour. (I realize that your system is a lot more sophisticated, but 2 days!!)

Can I ask why it's taking 2 days?, Last kit I fitted took just over an hour. (I realize that your system is a lot more sophisticated, but 2 days!!)

Good question and believe me I asked the same thing! apparently the system is quite involved for my car. I insisted on the best possible setup and that is what I am getting. This is also the first time that they have done a Trionic 8 Saab and the ECU is very fussy, so they are allowing plenty of time for fine tuning and tweaks! They have also extended their testing procedure with regards to commissioning. Also, they will be writing two maps for me to use through the controller, one is for fast street race and the other will be for track day use. So looking at the information presented to me, two days did not seem too bad! But then I had absolutely no idea as to how long these things take to do anyway!
A further surf on their website and I did discover that they do quote 2 to 3 days if they do the installation for you.

@ Claymore, while I think about it! were you at Snetterton a couple of weeks ago? This black Volvo estate was doing very very well there, was it yours by any chance? ;)

volvo.jpg

Well just one week to go now before the Beast goes in! This is most curious as i'm starting to get a little apprehensive about it all. I think this is by far and away the most radical thing I have done to the car, a little nervous to say the least :amuse:

First drive will certainly be a special one, maybe you should have the car delivered to a runway, your less likely to have a tree jump out in front of you then. :lol:

First drive will certainly be a special one, maybe you should have the car delivered to a runway, your less likely to have a tree jump out in front of you then. :lol:

:lol: I can but ask! Will let you know the latest a week this Saturday when I get the old girl back after two whole days away from her daddy! :lol:

WON systems are far superior to the NOS or copies of.

Jetting is the main reason: I would write it all in here but this is a much better place to read about it :)

http://www.nitrous.info/jetted-at-solenoids.htm

Many thanks for this link Jarrus, just learned a few more things about NOS that I was not aware off! When I first spoke to the WON chaps in Doncaster, in particular Anthony! I had so many questions to ask, but never once did Anthony flinch, you could just tell straightaway that this man knew his stuff :bigsmile:

I'm reckoning it's going to take 2 days because of the maps for the progressive controller.

I say maps, as in 2 of them, I think that's what you said right?

Good call on the two days Jarrus that's exactly what they told me!
Car goes in this Thursday @ 8am and will be ready for me to collect on Saturday morning.
Decided to have the Race Progressive controller fitted as it can do so much more and thought it would allow me more scope later on when I upgrade!

Yes two maps will be written for me, one for fast street use and the other one for my track days!

Sounds good to me mate, I'll just be sure that when I'm down your way not to try and race any Saab's, lol

I thought about getting an WON kit for my car, maybe without the progressive controller cause I can't afford it though. The idea is I want to use it as an anti lag device so to speak so when the turbo is up to pressure then it will cut out, easily done with a pressure switch :)

:lol: Ta for the compliment Jarrus!
You can just buy the Boost Pressure Switch £34 - A switch which can be set to cut in (or out) at a set boost level. Extremely useful for nitrous anti-lag applications.

Or as well as - a Throttle Position Sensor £39 - (TPS) unit reads the OEM throttle position, allowing the user to set the position at which the nitrous system is activated and de-activated.
This is a very simple unit to fit and is simply adjusted/set, just by a press of a button at any throttle position desired.

Last edited:
Yeah seen it, you get a micro switch with the Kit for the throttle, but the TPS is extra like you said, I just got to work out how to wire it correctly first.

Still propane is on the way shortly though ;)

Indeed, NOS is just a brand and not the best one at that. You are actually having a WON Nitrous Oxide kit installed!

Unless of course you're injecting Sulpher as well then you will have a NOS kit. BOOM BOOM gotta love a periodic table based joke.

Indeed, NOS is just a brand and not the best one at that. You are actually having a WON Nitrous Oxide kit installed!

Unless of course you're injecting Sulpher as well then you will have a NOS kit. BOOM BOOM gotta love a periodic table based joke.

:lol: I see you did'nt get your early night in yesterday MA :bigsmile:

Well the old girl was dropped off this morning at 8am, half hour chat with Julian the Technician about what goes where and why, then handed over the keys to my baby and then walked away! :sad2:
Apparently there is an outside chance of me collecting the Beast tomorrow afternoon instead of Saturday :) If the fuel coupler that comes with the kit fits then it's tomorrow; if it does not fit, then they will have to take it to an engineering company up the road to fashion a one off special, so fingers are crossed at the moment! Should get a call later to let me know what is happening. :)

if you dont mind me asking what was the damage for this kit?

be sure to post a vid it taking off when you get it back

just add some wings to it :lol:

if you dont mind me asking what was the damage for this kit?

be sure to post a vid it taking off when you get it back

just add some wings to it :lol:

No problem at all, the total kit was £2014 and I have just had a phone call from them (crikey they work late) the Beast will be ready tomorrow for collection at 3pm :bigsmile:
Low flying missile recorded in Essex at 3.15 :lol:

No problem at all, the total kit was £2014 and I have just had a phone call from them (crikey they work late) the Beast will be ready tomorrow for collection at 3pm :bigsmile:
Low flying missile recorded in Essex at 3.15 :lol:

Booooooooooooommmmm..............

Did you hear that wallet drop? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back