noob questions! :D

Aarbron

Car
no car yet
hello from greece dudes! in a few days i will get a 1992 mazda 323 F with 200hp.i plan to throw lots of money on the car,whether its styling or performance.the thing i want from my car is to make 0-100 in 5" or less.im also planning to convert it from fwd to 4wd.should i also swap the engine with a more powerful one? generally what do i have to do so it can be a 5" ride? thank you for your time and patience! :bigsmile:

The Familia GT-R1992 runs mid 6s with 186bhp. Up that to 220bhp and 180 lb/ft and it dips into the 5s

thx a lot dudes! :D

so,do i have to change my ride's engine with another one? by the way,the car now has 200hp with its stock engine.i remind you that my goal is to make it 0-100 in 5" or less.

thx a lot dudes! :D

so,do i have to change my ride's engine with another one? by the way,the car now has 200hp with its stock engine.i remind you that my goal is to make it 0-100 in 5" or less.

Make up your mind :) The difference between 5 and 4 seconds is massive!

Make up your mind :) The difference between 5 and 4 seconds is massive!

generally i want it as fast as possible but EXTREME hand made tuning-like chopping the metals and stuff-is kinda scaring me,becos the tuners here in greece are not so good.all i can do is make it 4wd and swap the engine with a stronger one. 5" or more is the maximum.the less the better.any ideas? and sorry again for my noobishness. xD

Aiming for 5 or even 4 seconds is somewhat ambitious for a first car, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try. Around 300bhp should get you into the 4s in a 323, subject to getting enough grip.

As for how to do it, I don't know these cars or engines so I will leave that to someone who does.

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

i am so confused.i want a car that does 0-100 in 5" max,either used or new and also either tuned or stock.the problem is that i dont have the cash to buy it at once,i can only afford to pay it little by little every month.i searched for an rx8 but a friend of mine told me that this mazda is for drifts mostly,not for dragster.plus that i have to do a compression test and if its lower than 7,2 then i should avoid it.i want you guys to suggest me some rides (1.600cc max) that have the potential to do 0-100 in 5".i dont mind the price of the car,just as long as it can be paid with doses.leave the search and haggles with the owners up to me,just tell me brands and models.ENLIGHTEN ME,im a total noob! thank you all for your time and patience.you guys rock. :)

You question is too open ended. What do you mean by a 1600cc car with the potential of 0-100 in 5"? All 1600cc cars have the 'potential' to do this but few, if any, can manage it in stock form.

So, ask around and find out what 1600cc engines are popular with tuning parts readily available where you are. Talk to people who have tuned these engines to get an idea of the power increase possible. Decide on a car that it is easy to fit this engine into and start building :)

It isn't easy to be more precise as there are so many engines and cars available and many ways to tune them to achieve your goal, Do some research and go along to car meets to see what has already been done and talk to fellow modders with similar ambitions.

you question is too open ended. What do you mean by a 1600cc car with the potential of 0-100 in 5"? All 1600cc cars have the 'potential' to do this but few, if any, can manage it in stock form.

So, ask around and find out what 1600cc engines are popular with tuning parts readily available where you are. Talk to people who have tuned these engines to get an idea of the power increase possible. Decide on a car that it is easy to fit this engine into and start building :)

it isn't easy to be more precise as there are so many engines and cars available and many ways to tune them to achieve your goal, do some research and go along to car meets to see what has already been done and talk to fellow modders with similar ambitions.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back