Non car people (muggles)

Massive

Torque Master
Car
Clio 172 Cup
Anybody have a family member who says something along the lines of this when something goes wrong with your car "that's what you get when you buy a 20yrs old car", then you have to explain that age doesn't necessarily cause it to break or need fixing it's just the nature of cars, new or old sometimes they need fixing, this was the conversation I have with my mother all the time, my clutch has gone it's just general wear and tear not because it's unreliable

Oh yes, all the time. People sometimes just don't get cars or driving.

My Brother who is younger than me rarely exceeds 20mph around town, and even on a motorway sticks to around 50mph. He is just worried he will break the car!

I hate the phrase "thats what you get when you have a car with lots of gadgets, there is just more to go wrong!".

Im the only Petrolhead in the family. My lovely wife has been in my Cosworth twice in 19 years & screamed each time & vowed never again. Only interested in the colour of a car if its red could be a Ferrari or a Fiat but must have a place for her handbag. My daughter is much the same but her colour is white. My son is into traction engines & 'Quo Vardis' is his lottery win dream not a Bugatti Veyron. None of my close friends get cars & modding a car to make it use more fuel will never be understood.

I agree. More to go wrong was applied to my 5 series. Nothing did go wrong. Nor did my P406, nor Nissan Primera.

My Dad's a bit of an engine 'nurser' yet he starts and drives without even allowing 20 seconds or so for oil circulation to start. He is convinced that going over 2000rpm leads to immediate engine destruction. First MoT at 11,000 miles. Guess what: Fail on emissions. Now Mum get's the blame for this because she - shock-horror - goes all the way to 3000rpm!!!! and has worn the engine.

Im the only Petrolhead in the family. My lovely wife has been in my Cosworth twice in 19 years & screamed each time & vowed never again. Only interested in the colour of a car if its red could be a Ferrari or a Fiat but must have a place for her handbag. My daughter is much the same but her colour is white. My son is into traction engines & 'Quo Vardis' is his lottery win dream not a Bugatti Veyron. None of my close friends get cars & modding a car to make it use more fuel will never be understood.

Not choosing your friends very well :)

Wife, daughter and son are all petrolheads, fortunately. They all want to drive the Elan up the strip when it is finally finished so there is plenty of encouragement to get it done :)

All of my close friends are into cars. We meet up every other Tuesday to shoot the breeze and have at least one outing a year. This year we are off to the NEC for the Classic car show in November. We go for a meal 2-3 times a year and meet up at Santa Pod at least twice a year.

OG thats a Nightmare!!! I certainly would not want that its my hobby not the rest of the family or friends. My life is my lovely wife & my family that's all that matters certainly my cars are not a priority although the Missus likes the Mercedes SLK & that's the one we enjoy driving. Talking about cars with my friends would drive me & them nuts :rofl:.

Ah, but we are all nuts so there is no problem :) However, we do manage to discuss other things from time to time.

My wife ain't too bad either :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back