Nobjocky to earth hello people

nobjocky

Car
1974 1303 beetle
Hello people new to your forum bought myself a super beetle to restore .Ive many years in the motortrade owning my own business for fifteen years out of trade now trying to wind down to retirement .Many years ago bought a beetle to restore but someone offered me a good price and sold it ,always cursed what i had done and said to myself one day buy another.THE DAY HAS COME, a 74 1303 beetle with not a lot of rust (hard to believe on British roads).
Please can anyone give me some advise before a start the chassis number says built late 73 to early 74 and the colour is beige .Plate on front panel says D 3 local painters dont have info and chips going back that far .I believe should be either Kansas beige or Ceylon Beige hope someone can help.
Any help i can give people in future please look up the Nobjocky.

Hi and welcome |B

Just hope your choice of name has a different meaning from the Aussie one ?-/

A good painter can do a match and custom mix for you. Paint does fade over time, and the materials used have altered a lot over the years so even if you get the exact original code it will not blend in or match easily and you'll need to do a complete respray.

A book or guide is only rough but my reference says
Kansas Beige code L91D Dupont 36007L, 26007A, 36007D Ditzler PPG code 2377 Martin Senour 21287

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back