No of accidents

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How many accidents or more accurately crashes have you had in your driving career?

I wrote off my first car. A few years after this on a rainy day I reversed into a post scraping the bumper and that is all I've had thankfully!

There have been quite a few near misses - not my fault but I still managed to avoid them!

In 30 years of driving I have never caused an accident but been involved in three that I can think of where it has been the third party's fault. Got rear-ended twice, once in the snow and the other was an uninsured driver cutting across my bow and not making it. Had my three little girls in the car at the time, not a happy bunny that day. Smashed the front of my immaculate Rover Vitesse and the scrote got away with it! I wasn't going to chase an 18 stone tattooed oike from a well known neighbourhood through the courts! Discretion being the better part of valour!

all my fault
drove my 1st car into a wall in the rain a few days after passing my test
drove my 2nd car into the back of a focus
spun my gt4 didnt claim of insurance but the car was a write off

not my fault
somebody pulled out of a junction on me and damaged rear quarter and passenger door

I have not had a single accident or caused any in all my years of driving. Unfortunately my baby was involved in a hit and run collision on Christmas Day night 2012 :sad2:

I haven't crashed or caused an accident so far! But I did have a lady who cut up 2 exits on a round a bout and then get cut up her self, which in turn drove into the side of me. Claimed as my fault for failure to stop... Shame there wasn't a single camera!

Other than a few minor indiscretions as a 17 year old (just me and a mate basically using our cars as bumper cars) it's just been the one (touch wood).

My immaculate Fiesta ST into the back of some stupid bint on a motorway roundabout junction. There was nothing coming as she set off onto the roundabout. I looked right and saw a Corsa just rounding the corner doing maybe 25-30mph maximum (as it was an Mway roundabout it was maybe 25-30 car lengths away). I saw her set off, I looked right and then I set off, no sooner had I looked forward again and she had stopped in the middle of the roundabout (illegal!) like a F^&(&*^ing super star!! So I slammed on but I'd gotten such a good launch that I couldn't stop again in time. Brilliant!

She then proceeded to leave her car in the middle of a motorway roundabout!!! and get out to come talk to me, at which point I opened my door and asked her politely (or something similar) to move her car to the side and off the road before lots more motorway traffic piled into us. She moaned she couldn't close her boot properly (Fiat Panda I might add, worth about £3.50) while my bonnet was literally bent in half. She then tried to claim for whiplash, which failed. Complete idiot.

Not that I'm sore about it or anything ;) lol.

I could go on for days about the amount of near misses I have on a daily basis with people on the road (mostly women, sorry but true) just not paying attention, don't indicate, can't use roundabouts, cut me up despite being bright orange (apparently they don't see me)..........etc..........etc

Driving since 1971. Only had one minor 'at-fault' shunt in the first year - rear-ended a Mini with my Herald - bought the guy a new boot lid. All the rest have been rear-enders happening to me, the worst, 10 years ago when my Primera GT (not a lucky car for me, rear-ended twice in 6 months) was totalled by a twat in a Citroen BX dragging a shed (OK, OK, it was a caravan) who ran into me on M6 whilst stationary in a jam. He also rammed me into the car in front. Strange thing was, despite the apparent lack of build quality of the BX, he didn't even suffer a burst rad and was able to drive off (only to be caught up with by cops as he exited the motorway and was proscecuted for leaving the scene without reporting it - I was hurt and needed physio later).

0 accidents (crashes with me driving)
was involved in 1 where I was passenger
I have bumped a wall with the towbar a couple of times (going about 0.2 mph so no damage/marks etc)

So not done too bad (Touch Wood :p)